There's a sentence I never thought I'd have to say

Options

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    That's funny! Reminded me of a story - My husband and I used to work together. About 2-3 yrs after we got married I was in a meeting and doing the around the room introduction thing. Yes, I introduced myself with my maiden name - yes, my husband was in the room! :') It happens lol.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    JLAJ81 wrote: »
    You all should post the postive things about your significant other

My husband has never forgotten my birthday, our wedding anniversary, the day we met, or any other significant date in our relationship. AND he takes me to lunch every Friday AND he buys me flowers every Friday (he calls it "Flowers Friday"). He always opens doors for me, never allows me to carry in more than my fair share of groceries, helps me with all of the household chores (even laundry) and takes care of all of the bills. He's AMAZING. Yes, I'm bragging because I went through 2 horrible, failed marriages before I found him and I'm one lucky b*&tch and realize it! Positive enough for you? :)

does he hold your purse too?

Nope. He's not one of those types. He's still a MAN. But he'll buy me a new Coach bag for my birthday or Christmas if I show him which one I want!

Don't Tell me he doesn't ask for sexy time every single night either!!

He doesn't have to ask...

Wow. He is perfect. When you're done with him, I want him.

I'm telling you - he really is. People who know us always comment about how cute we are together and how in love we are and happy. He went through a terrible divorce, as did I (twice) and when we got together it was pretty much love at first sight. We enjoy all the same things (hockey, football, the beach, fishing, taking long drives to no where), we're both spontaneous and are always looking for new, fun things to do. He truly is my best friend. I will brag on him from now till eternity. I've found "the one".

I knew a guy like this once, it turned out he was the BTK killer
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options

My husband has never forgotten my birthday, our wedding anniversary, the day we met, or any other significant date in our relationship. AND he takes me to lunch every Friday AND he buys me flowers every Friday (he calls it "Flowers Friday"). He always opens doors for me, never allows me to carry in more than my fair share of groceries, helps me with all of the household chores (even laundry) and takes care of all of the bills. He's AMAZING. Yes, I'm bragging because I went through 2 horrible, failed marriages before I found him and I'm one lucky b*&tch and realize it! Positive enough for you? :)

Nope. He's not one of those types. He's still a MAN. But he'll buy me a new Coach bag for my birthday or Christmas if I show him which one I want!

I'm telling you - he really is. People who know us always comment about how cute we are together and how in love we are and happy. He went through a terrible divorce, as did I (twice) and when we got together it was pretty much love at first sight. We enjoy all the same things (hockey, football, the beach, fishing, taking long drives to no where), we're both spontaneous and are always looking for new, fun things to do. He truly is my best friend. I will brag on him from now till eternity. I've found "the one".

Cool, I like 'em crazy ;)
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

Man, what happened to "share positive *kitten* about your SO".
  • PrincessMel72
    Options

That's what I thought. HE started it all and then I get scolded for going on about my husband and now he's talking about serial killers. Whatever
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options

that exists? :P usually is "you'll never get what the *kitten* did I live with" :#
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I was really hoping the sentence was going to be "I slit the sheet, the sheet I slit and on the slitted sheet I sit."
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    Tomk652015 wrote: »

that exists? :P usually is "you'll never get what the *kitten* did I live with" :#

No, they don't. But that's not the point here
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,494 Member
    Options

Ask?

Grovel, plead, beg and beseech, yes.

.... ask, not so much.
  • PrincessMel72
    Options

That's what I thought. HE started it all and then I get scolded for going on about my husband and now he's talking about serial killers. Whatever

i think he was being funny and most dudes thinks its too sappy the husband i mean

It's really ok if anyone thinks my husband is sappy. He calls himself that sometimes too. But what strangers on the internet don't know is that he's a firecracker too. I couldn't be with a pushover.
  • Motorsheen
    Options

i think he was being funny and most dudes thinks its too sappy the husband i mean

It's really ok if anyone thinks my husband is sappy. He calls himself that sometimes too. But what strangers on the internet don't know is that he's a firecracker too. I couldn't be with a pushover.

Re5pext
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options

don't worry about what people think. I was goofing earlier. I'm actually happy that you guys are happy. Its nice to know it works out there. Enjoy every moment.
  • PrincessMel72
    Options

im just saying what everyone was thinking. and i dont really care if he is or not im just pushing buttons lol

It's all good.
  • PrincessMel72
    Options

don't worry about what people think. I was goofing earlier. I'm actually happy that you guys are happy. Its nice to know it works out there. Enjoy every moment.

Thanks. I appreciate that. After going through an abusive, controlling marriage I had to truly escape from - sometimes I get carried away with singing my husband's praises. I'm sorry if I annoyed anyone.
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options

I was just letting her know I know a guy

We should list the things our SO's do that we used to like but now make us want to choke them
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Thanks. I appreciate that. After going through an abusive, controlling marriage I had to truly escape from - sometimes I get carried away with singing my husband's praises. I'm sorry if I annoyed anyone.

Ha.

You're too nice. No need to apologize for anything here.

It's great that you're so happy.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I could share a million positive things about my guy. He's pretty amazing and a great husband. He just had this kind of bizarre brain fart today.
  • evilokc
    evilokc Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I hate hyphenated names. either marry the dude or don't. I wouldn't get married if she wanted to hyphenate. there are a few exceptions that would make it understandable but they are few and far between.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    evilokc wrote: »
    I hate hyphenated names. either marry the dude or don't. I wouldn't get married if she wanted to hyphenate. there are a few exceptions that would make it understandable but they are few and far between.

Ut oh....
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    evilokc wrote: »

godspeed, evilokc.