Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Dry mouth?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Are you snorting it?

Just put it in a little water geeze.

I've eaten protein powder by the spoon but that's just a personal issue. If I start taking PWO straight to the dome, call someone. Thanks.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    edited May 2017
    Yuck
  • djmjs
    djmjs Posts: 4 Member
    "Dry" shots of pre-workout will have the same affect on you as if you were using water. But alot tougher going down.. I would just use water
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    edited May 2017
    My thoughts are why you're taking it dry. Do you think it's going to be more effective this way? (Which it won't)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Why?

When I use PWO (very, very rarely), I mix it with about an ounce of water and drink it like a shot. But I can't imagine trying to use it dry. Cinnamon challenge, anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyk7utV_D2I
  • Muscle_for_Fitness
    Muscle_for_Fitness Posts: 2,198 Member
    How do you even do this? Do you really hate water that much?
  • PikaJoyJoy
    PikaJoyJoy Posts: 280 Member
    Why?

When I use PWO (very, very rarely), I mix it with about an ounce of water and drink it like a shot. But I can't imagine trying to use it dry. Cinnamon challenge, anyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyk7utV_D2I

adam-levine.gif
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    KimmalyS wrote: »
    What are your thoughts?!

My thoughts, in more or less chronological order:

1) WTF?

2) WTAF?!?

3) Why?

4) Yuck.

5) No.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Straight to the dome. Tends to lead to coughing fits if you breathe at the wrong time
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Most of the effective ingredients in your PWO need a little water...

I can understand mixing it like a shot in an oz or 2 of water and shooting it, but if you actually benefit from a PWO, you will also benefit from hydration.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    I like the sour taste personally. I drink a gallon of agua I don't count water used from pwo or shakes
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Not even gonna lie I've done it, I forgot my water at home and had my pwo, I ran the tap, put a mouthful of water in there, held my breathe while I poured the PWO in and then swished and swallowed. It was a terrible experience. I wouldn't want to do that regularly.