Doctor's appointment woke me up

Options
Hi guys, my doctor's appointment was today, and found out I have high blood pressure at 32, and also found out I can't have kids of my own due to a uterus defect. I am here cause my doctor wants me to log everything I put in my mouth, and any exercise I do besides work. I am bummed out, and would like someone to talk to. If you wanna be friends let me know.

Replies

• summerhime
    summerhime Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey, I feel your pain <3 If it makes you feel better, weight loss will most likely help with the blood pressure. When you are interested in a baby there are many options out there.... my hub and I have fertility issues as well so I understand. It isn't the end of the world and there are plenty of children in the world who would love to have a home with someone who cares and loves them. Its hard now because you just got blindsided with this but you have choices and options.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place!

Good luck!
  • amandabenge33
    amandabenge33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the encouraging words, I have been crying for most of the afternoon, and reading your post made me smile, and I feel a bit better.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    4.5 years ago I was 40 Lbs overweight...hypertensive and on meds...triglycerides through the roof...LDL in the 160s and HDL in the tank...vitamin D deficient, and pre-diabetic. This all was discovered on my 38 birthday checkup...

I've completely changed my life and dropped 40 Lbs...I've gone from being a 2-3 PAD smoker who could barely walk the dog around the block to a guy that rides about minimum of 60 miles per week and lifts a couple days per week and spends free time hiking in the mountains or playing with my kids at the trampoline park, etc rather than binge watching t.v. while I drink beer. I've reversed pretty much all of the above except for my hypertension which at this point my Dr. and I think is just hereditary...I'm on meds, but lower doses than I used to be.

I didn't do any of this overnight...it was a process and an evolution...it can be done.
  • mark_asher
    mark_asher Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Also had a doctor's appt and that woke me up! He said I was pre-diabetic. And from there, I decided to start this lifestyle change. You can do this!