Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    we talk about it practically every day- heeheehee
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've bought a pint a day for way too long. I have spent a stupid amount of money on it. I've switched to a tub of fage every night instead which isn't that much better for the bank, but better for my carb and protein macros.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    Yeah I've bought a pint a day for way too long. I have spent a stupid amount of money on it. I've switched to a tub of fage every night instead which isn't that much better for the bank, but better for my carb and protein macros.

I love Fage. I add frozen blueberries or fresh strawberries. It's probably healthier than Halo.
  • bbell1985
    edited May 2017
    Options

I love Fage. I add frozen blueberries or fresh strawberries. It's probably healthier than Halo.

I add berries sometimes but I love adding a low calorie hot cocoa mix and some My Protein flavor drops. Tonight I need the fiber...like more than berries lol.

I don't think it's necessarily healthier than halo top but sometimes I like to keep my carbs down a little so I don't get too puffy, or so I'm not craving things quite as sweet. I can eat a pint of halo top and be ready for another. I can't eat two tubs of fage lol
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I first heard about this ice cream brand here and have tried 2 flavors. I guess for a low-calorie ice cream it's okay, but I've since moved on to Haagen Dazs little portion cups. The flavors are limited in that size, but I know if I buy a pint I won't leave it alone. Sometimes I'd rather eat less of the real stuff than more of the okay.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Healthy is subjective.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I just ate half a pint of strawberry. The only reason why I didn't eat the whole pint is because husband wanted his half!
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Be careful with the macros here with Halo. I've found a few of them to show lower carbs than they actually are. One had 48g carbs when it was actually 60g for a pint
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Be careful with the macros here with Halo. I've found a few of them to show lower carbs than they actually are. One had 48g carbs when it was actually 60g for a pint

The whole database is like that for any product.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I've only had the mint chocolate chip one which is pretty good- I just don't eat ice cream that much in general. I think for people who struggle with portion sizing, they like the "feel" of eating a lot of ice cream. Which I totally get- but I am trying to learn portion control and no longer have an entire package/box/container of something and think that is okay. Sometimes it isn't that bad, but sometimes it definitely is and it is something I want to be aware of.

But hey, if your calories/macros fit it, go for what you like, from Halo Top to Ben and Jerry's :)
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    halo top is garbage. eat real ice cream.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to have Halo Top is on top of a Fiber One chocolate brownie, softened in the microwave with a squirt of Reddi Whip whipped cream on top. Brownie ice cream sundae!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    tmpecus78 wrote: »

Or maybe I won't because I cut on 13-1500 calories and I like a nice pint of something cold and sweet because eating one bite of *kitten* ice cream for 150 calories is torture to me.

buy Elightened. Creamy and much better. Thank me later :)
  • bbell1985
    Options

Or maybe I won't because I cut on 13-1500 calories and I like a nice pint of something cold and sweet because eating one bite of *kitten* ice cream for 150 calories is torture to me.

I actually heard it was better but thought the calories were higher. But then someone said they weren't. If they're the same I'm totally interested because I have tried it and it is good.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Lol this week it is on sale at Kroger (if you have one!) for 3.99. You better believe I stocked up!! My favorite is oatmeal cookie. A scoop of that with a microwaved apple w/cinnamon is my favorite night time treat.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Lol this week it is on sale at Kroger (if you have one!) for 3.99. You better believe I stocked up!! My favorite is oatmeal cookie. A scoop of that with a microwaved apple w/cinnamon is my favorite night time treat.

Okay, that does sound amazing :yum:
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

They only sell it in certain places and nowhere around where I live.