Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Map calories burned?

VirtualMellie
VirtualMellie Posts: 68 Member
Was wondering about how far over is MFP estimating calories burn? I have seen a lot of people saying it overly estimates but was wondering about by about how much? Just wanna get as close as I can to being accurate

Replies

• ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    I think that if they knew they were always off by a particular factor, they would just change the numbers accordingly. The reason why MFP can be so inaccurate with estimating calories burned is because every person is different - so the amount they are over for you will be different than for someone else.

As a general rule of thumb, people on MFP tend to recommend starting with eating back 50% of your exercise calories, and then adjust accordingly (e.g. if you are losing weight too fast, then eat more; or if you are not losing weight fast enough, then eat less). After a while, you will have enough experience to know more clearly how far over (or under) MFP is estimating calories for you personally.