Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Nightshifters, staying awake?

JukeboxHeroine
JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
I work 12 hour night shifts. I haven't slept well the last 3 days. I am sooooo sleepy right now. I've had plenty of caffeine. I've taken a few walks around the unit. How do you all stay awake?

Replies

• abagail101a
    abagail101a Posts: 1 Member
    I just make sure I don't eat anything heavy, take a walk around the block for a half hour and try desperately to avoid caffeine so that in the morning when i get home I can sleep
  • freddiekane305
    freddiekane305 Posts: 2 Member
    take a bump :wink:
  • JukeboxHeroine
    JukeboxHeroine Posts: 348 Member
    take a bump :wink:

Yeah that may not be a good idea at a hospital.
  • bassfishingirl
    bassfishingirl Posts: 78 Member
    When I get off at 8am, I stay busy at home till 2-3pm, then go to bed and sleep till time to get up for night shift, this usually keeps me alert thru the night, it's a hard shift for your body.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    edited May 2017
    Insomnia ;)

:confounded:
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    When I used to work 6pm until 6am at the refinery where I worked, I always tried to keep moving to stay awake. I also had to go to bed as soon as I got home or I would risk not being able to sleep before my next shift. Night shift is tough. Especially a 12 hour shift.
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    edited May 2017
    Night life junkie! I'm sitting in my rescue unit now. Hoping we don't get another call, fire or hazmat tonight.

24hr shift.....
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Still up......... .haven't been to sleep yet. So much for not running calls. Well got 1 and a half hours to go.

C'mon 8 am!