Waaah! Hurt myself at the gym tonight ...

Options
It's not fatal. Lol - just want to whine a little. Somehow I managed to smash my ring finger between two dumbbells when setting one down. Blinding pain, a few tears welled up and my finger instantly turned purple and swelled up ... of course I acted tough and finished my workout including the rest of my class, then RDLs and deadlifts ... may have been a mistake. Lol - can barely move it now. Using the pain as an excuse for a few cocktails on a work night!

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Owie!
  • buffalogal42
    buffalogal42 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    It's about double the size of the ring finger on my right hand ... but I can kind of bend it so I *assume* it's not broken. ;-)
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Makes you want to kick it and throw it on the floor doesn't it.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Ouch!

Did that playing baskeball of all thing. Finger wasn't broken but had a few hairline fractures with ruptured veins as an added bonus. Took a good couple of weeks for the swelling to fully go down and another couple of week for the stupid *kitten* to stop hurting like *kitten*.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I cannot even begin to imagine the pain. Ouch.

The best thing to do now would be a cold compress - it would have been more effective at the time but it will still help, even now, hours later. Small bag of frozen peas, wrapped in a cloth, wrapped around your finger. Or even a cold, damp cloth would do.

kimothy38 wrote: »
    Makes you want to kick it and throw it on the floor doesn't it.

And then have a foot that hurts as well . . . I suppose at least you'd forget about the painful finger :D
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I have met a guy who lost his finger that exact same way. Hopefully it doesn't fall off.

I am making the most pathetic whimpering sound imagining this... eeeeeee
  • abs1970
    abs1970 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Injuries are all part of gym life :D I've lost a toenail dropping a 10kg weight on my toe, skinned both shins doing box jumps, pinched my finger in between plates...... think I'm a bit of a liability
  • buffalogal42
    Options
    8fdr2age4nhh.jpg
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Ouchie. I've pinched my finger between two 45s when I was loading up the barbell and had popped blood vessels instantly. Tears were welling up too. Boo. Sorry!
  • buffalogal42
    Options
    fjhxhb4hkxpk.jpg

Not broken!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Yikes!
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I was going to say what happened to me in the gym today... but after the pictures .. just gunna not say anything now lol looks painful!
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    zombie finger!! shoot it! shoot it! ;)

that does not look happy! hope it feels better asap! keep icing it.

• Chihaku_Zeal
    Chihaku_Zeal Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Oooooh! And I thought my blistered feet from walking hurt... Just put ice on it as much as you can.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    fjhxhb4hkxpk.jpg

Not broken!

But extremely pretty :tongue:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ICE!!! :o