A Good Alcohol Drink For Diet?

Options
I'm like to party lol.

Replies

• SecondSon_
    SecondSon_ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yeah I would think with all that sugar. Drinking that at night and no exercise to burn it off. Unless you're an alcoholic drinking margaritas is for breakfast lol.
  • ulyauryeva
    ulyauryeva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Michelob Ultra light beer - super low in cal and carbs! About 95cals for 12oz and 2g carbs.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    No alcohol is best for a diet. Alcohol has 7 calories per gram and NO nutritional value.
  • chelseaparksfischer
    chelseaparksfischer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sweet Tea Vodka with either water or unsweetened iced tea and a lemon wedge. Keeps the hangover away too! Haha
  • Hudrator
    Hudrator Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    red wine + cola
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Gotta love an ice cold beer! I just be sure to make room for it in my calorie count. That "allotment" will vary depending on what type of beer I'm in the mood for
  • catamitesregret
    catamitesregret Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    No alcohol is best for a diet. Alcohol has 7 calories per gram and NO nutritional value.

^^This - totally.
    Alcohol is pretty much the most calorie dense thing to consume and provides your body with nothing else besides those calories.
    If you are trying to lose weight, the whole point is to consume less calories. Alcoholic drinks are the least effective way to achieve this.
    The only truth is that some types are far worse than others, but there is no such thing as a good alcoholic drink for dieting.

Let's not forget the food consumed after a few drinks to soak up the alcohol. That'll add a few hundred more kcal into the mix.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Of course you can drink and still lose weight/diet.

All you have to do it account for those calories in your total allowance and make room for them. However, the more you drink the more room you'll need....so you may not be able to get wasted every night and still lose weight. (At least not very healthy).

I choose to not include several things in my diet in order to be able to have a drink. At the end of the day I enjoy a drink more than I enjoy the things I exclude.

Neat spirits are the least calorific but be careful on portion control. A pint of Whisky is 1120 calories after all.....