Elliptical or Recumbent Bike Recommendation?

Options
acpgee
acpgee Posts: 7,719 Member
I'm moving house in 3 weeks and the gym nearest the new place sucks. I think I will buy a cardio machine for the new flat. Any recommendations for elliptical trainers or recumbent bikes available in the UK?

Replies

• NicoleH734
    NicoleH734 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I prefer the elliptical, it's a full body workout ... legs, arms, butt, chest, etc when it's used properly. You can run on it without the help of your arms, pedal backwards to get different muscle groups, etc. I enjoy it. Good luck!!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    For home use, I wouldn't get an elliptical, simply because the commercially available home ones generally have too short of a stride to sufficiently approximate running.

Stride lengths on professional grade range from 18-28 inches. Home units generally run between 12-16 inches.

I'm sorry that I'm not making any actual recommendations, but it's at least something to think about.

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I would recommend buying a smart trainer and sticking a bicycle on it. That way you have the option of both working out at home and going for a bicycle ride outside, all with the same equipment.