Herbalife

Options
I'm taking herbalike formula 1 and protein shake for breakfast and dinner. Going for walking daily 30 mins.. How much I can lose weight in a month. Started today only.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss will be related to your starting weight and your calorie deficit. It has nothing to do with Herbalife. There isn't enough information in your post to make a prediction.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    How long is a piece of string?

Seriously - with Herbalife weight loss is based on the exact same principal as every other diet. You lose weight because you reduced your calorie intake.

The amount of weight lost will be based on the difference between calories in vs. calories out. Because I don't know your calorie intake....and I certainly don't know your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) I can't even begin to guess how much weight you will lose.

Because you are female you should be eating at least 1200 calories a day .......to reach nutritional minimums.

Fast weight loss makes it harder for your body to support existing lean muscle mass. So you don't lower your body fat % by as much as you could have. A lower body fat % would be healthy.
  • MrsSeager
    MrsSeager Posts: 82 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I tried it for the 3 day trial from a friend of mine who is an Independent Distributor. Lost 4lbs of water weight. All came back after I stopped drinking the shakes. I had some pretty awful headaches while on the program, I talked to my doctor and she said it was likely because of the soy protein they use in the formula. I switched to a different meal replacement shake and haven't had any issues, I drink two a day...most days. I like the convenience of them, and it's been sustainable for me. If I don't feel like having a shake one day, I don't...I just eat regular food that works within my calorie count. I've lost 8lbs in just under 6 weeks. And as far as the walking, it doesn't matter if you walk 100miles in a day, if you are eating more than your burning, you won't lose weight.
    And be advised, Herbalife has a pretty rocky history. I would recommend Googling the $200 million FTC settlement last year before continuing.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on it. I thought there was a lawsuit against them?
  • MrsSeager
    MrsSeager Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on it. I thought there was a lawsuit against them?

You are correct, they settled with the FTC for $200 million to avoid being shut down for running a pyramid scheme. Still a scam, they just don't have the label.