Loose weight, while maintaining muscle...Keto diet?

Options
Frankvip20
Frankvip20 Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hey, I want to start a Keto diet... any advise on what are the best foods I can eat ?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    It somewhat baffles me that you want to do a specific "diet" but don't know what food to eat. Have you researched the diet and worked out what it entails? How are you determining whether it's something you want to do without knowing the details?

Any way of eating will help you successfully lose weight if you're in a deficit. Maintaining as much muscle as possible while you do so means eating sufficient protein and doing resistance training...
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    The Keto way of eating requires work and self-responibility.
  • letsdothis_again
    letsdothis_again Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    You'll be eating a lot of fats like avocado, mct/coconut oils. Protein as in fish/chicken/steak. Veggies that are high in fiber.
  • Lisareese63
    Lisareese63 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keto has been great for me. I have lost 38 pounds since January 1st. I have slowed down but am still losing about a pound a week. At first I was only eating 1200 calories a day, but I was sedentary, now I have energy and am even walking 10000 steps a day, so I increased my calorie intake to 1350. I do intermittent fasting almost every day. Taking all my calories in between 12 noon and 6 p.m. It works for me.
  • LORAXPLORA
    LORAXPLORA Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Keto is great! Please try pinterest- the infographics on Keto (and workouts) are truly great. I need pics and lists... it's where I go for that. Ps lots of water and rest seem to be extra necessary to maximize this ;)
    Best of luck!
  • terilou87
    terilou87 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have just started the keto I'm on my first week and I'm surprised I'm not missing the carbs yet, agree with above tho, it takes alot of planning and working out carbs/fiber/fats for meals but it's worth doing if your willing to put the work in
  • dwylie1
    dwylie1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Keto since March 8th and let go of 27lbs. It works for me, and hasn't been difficult for me. It also has not been time consuming to plan meals, for me, as others have stated. If you are on facebook look for the group Low Carb and Losing it Original Group. They have a great support base and also some great Newbie information.