Shy but i need help

Options
I hate to put myself out there and let people in. But i have tried to loss weight hundreds of times but i give up so easil cause i have no home support. My husband is fine with me the way i am but im 253 pounds my biggest is 263
I went down to 208 and have crept back up now im almost back to the weight that i hated myself on and he doesnt want me to lose weight so im doing this on my own.
And i would love to meet others to help supportme and me support them.
Im a mother of 4 with a bad back supposed to have another syrgery 4 years ago but i couldnt do it again, so i been trying to lose weight to help my back again.

Replies

• nebulah_exe
    nebulah_exe Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place, because here you are not alone!
    Feel free to add me as a friend and we can swap tips and ideas, or even if you just fancy a chat.

The important thing is that you feel comfortable with yourself, and if you feel that is only possible by losing weight, then you should totally do it. Do it for you :)
  • rlilly697
    rlilly697 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Grab BrooklynBooty with both hands and enjoy the ride! Shes been there N got the Tshirt AND the Body to prove it so she knows exactly what it takes, all the pitfalls and how to break the monotomy n plateaus! and help like she can give is hard to find!
    The only way to do this IS diet n Exercise!
    You,ve made the first step by deciding YOU want to do this!
    Good Luck You CAN do this!
  • rlilly697
    Options
    We ALL have days like that!
    Push through them! it will be worth it!
    Change it up, keep your workout fresh and interesting? It,ll take away the monotomy n stop it becoming such a drag!
    They say 4 weeks before you notice a change n its then you,ll get that bug bite!
    Keep going Lindsey x
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'd like to offer some encouragement. I started at 260 on January 11th of this year. I was just 3 lbs away from my highest weight ever, 263. My son introduced me to the local gym and I haven't looked back... I just made changes. I eat healthier, less and move more. I bought a digital food scale and weigh my food because what you believe to be a serving... likely is not. It takes a while to learn what a serving even looks like. I drink lots of water. I log my food with MFP and exercise. As of today... I am down to 201.6. That is almost a 60 lb loss. Yes... I do feel better and I know I am healthier. This isn't short term.... it takes change, forever change. You can do it. Some days are harder than others, but once you start seeing results... you just want to keep pushing ahead. I am active on MFP daily. I log daily and I interact with my friends on here. If you would like, friend request me and I will gladly try to help keep you inspired and motivated. Again... YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • Lindseyh717
    Lindseyh717 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    rlilly697 wrote: »
    We ALL have days like that!
    Push through them! it will be worth it!
    Change it up, keep your workout fresh and interesting? It,ll take away the monotomy n stop it becoming such a drag!
    They say 4 weeks before you notice a change n its then you,ll get that bug bite!
    Keep going Lindsey x

Im going to thank you so much!!!
  • Lindseyh717
    Lindseyh717 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd like to offer some encouragement. I started at 260 on January 11th of this year. I was just 3 lbs away from my highest weight ever, 263. My son introduced me to the local gym and I haven't looked back... I just made changes. I eat healthier, less and move more. I bought a digital food scale and weigh my food because what you believe to be a serving... likely is not. It takes a while to learn what a serving even looks like. I drink lots of water. I log my food with MFP and exercise. As of today... I am down to 201.6. That is almost a 60 lb loss. Yes... I do feel better and I know I am healthier. This isn't short term.... it takes change, forever change. You can do it. Some days are harder than others, but once you start seeing results... you just want to keep pushing ahead. I am active on MFP daily. I log daily and I interact with my friends on here. If you would like, friend request me and I will gladly try to help keep you inspired and motivated. Again... YOU CAN DO THIS!

Thank you i love your story!!! I can do tis amd i will, the support im getting already is amazing!
  • rlilly697
    Options
    Don't forget to keep us update on your progress! We,re here to help ;) x
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome. I'm a mama of 3 and was at 244. I'm currently at 161 and my goal is 130! I'll add you!
  • blackbearseatbeets
    blackbearseatbeets Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm working on losing 30lbs. You can add me if you like. Building a support group is very helpful. Best of luck on your journey!
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first step by joining MFP. Well done. :)

At my biggest I was 289Ibs, I'm currently 193Ibs. Feel free to add me and we can motivate each other. It's a long process but the end results are so worth it.
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! The exercise is a great thing to do, but don't take on more than necessary right at first. Make smaller changes gradually. If 45 minutes of high intensity every day feels too demanding (especially with a bad back), start slower. Aim for 3-4 times a week. And if high intensity is too exhausting, do a shorter workout or go out for a walk...take the kids out for a walk.

The diet part is where you'll really lose weight, but don't be so restrictive that you can't enjoy life. Aim for 1-2 lbs a week at first, and lower that as you get thinner and have fewer calories to work with. Many people advise to eat back half of your exercise calories. Weigh your food. I'd suggest adapting your old favorite recipes, adding some lower calorie additions or side dishes like vegetables, cutting portion size and planning out the occasional treat. That way you don't need to prepare separate meals for you and the rest of your family. Be sneaky about it and your husband may not even know you're trying to lose weight.