C section pouch, will it ever go away!?

Options
mandaenrico
mandaenrico Posts: 2 Member
Do these things stay for life know matter how small? I've had 2 babies via c section, and was wondering if anyone has before and after of looking thiers? What weight did you finally hit when you started noticing a difference. Or exercises.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 c-sections and I am 5 months PP and I am noticing a huge difference since I started back with weights.
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I had a C-section 21 years ago and then I had a total hysterectomy August of 2016 (doc used the same horizontal cut) so I'm working on my pouch, too. I've gone from 214 to 174 and I still have my pouch. I'm running three times a week and just started the Shred video. I'm hoping to lose my pouch, too.
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Mine never went away but it got a lot smaller.
  • dmwh142
    dmwh142 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Mine never went away either. I had full term twins so it is significant. I have heard that surgery is the only way to get rid of it. :#
  • Charabz69
    Charabz69 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Mines has never gone away either :(
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and I went from 167 to 138.5 (currently) and while mine has reduced in size a lot, it's still there. It Does not bother me nearly as much though. Now it can be concealed pretty easily by well fitting pants, shorts, etc.

I'm hoping that when I get to my goal weight (125-130) and after strengthening/building more muscle, it will be even less noticeable, but I fear it's one of those things that doesn't ever fully go away.
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Mine's still a work in progress, but it has gotten a lot smaller.
  • LuluIsLosing
    LuluIsLosing Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I still have it, sadly. I am 116.5lb, 5'0 and I have lost 30 lbs. At this point, I am pretty happy with my body, with the exception of that damn stubborn pouch.
  • Kristi26
    Kristi26 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I've had four csections. I'm at a totally normal weight wearing a us size 4/6 jeans depending on brand. I still have it. I don't think it'll ever totally go away.
  • Ademann1
    Ademann1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've had 5 c-sections and hit about 240 pounds with each child. My goal weight is 160 and I'm 5' 10". I still have the pouch and I'm down to 177. Like someone else said, in a well-cut pair of pants I can't tell it's there. If I'm wearing clothes that make my pouch obvious, them I'm probably not wearing enough clothes.
  • mandaenrico
    mandaenrico Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! It doesn't bother me much bc it's just a reminder of the miracles I've made, but just wanted to see if it was possible.
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I was told by my doctor that it would never "go away". They cut the muscles during the c-section and he said no matter how hard you try there will always be a little pooch. It will get smaller over time though.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    I was told by my doctor that it would never "go away". They cut the muscles during the c-section and he said no matter how hard you try there will always be a little pooch. It will get smaller over time though.

Your doctor is wrong.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I had c-sections 23 years ago and 17 years ago. Mine is still there and no matter how much weight I lose or how small I am it stubbornly remains. I think genetics has a lot to do with it. I've come to realize that mine may get smaller but will never go away.
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I had 2 c-section 13 and 10 years ago. It is possible for it to go away. Like the PP said, a lot has to do with genetics and skin elasticity too. If you don't already, try to do some lifting. Lifting and HIIT training has worked well for me. Keep at it and it will get smaller.
  • Ademann1
    Ademann1 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I will add that I was unprepared for the overcompensation my other muscles would make when my core was totally shredded (in a bad way). I have had terrible squat form and I'm working on fixing it. And leg lifts while lying flat on my back! 6 months ago I couldn't do a single one. After a lot of struggle though I can do 30 at a time.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    No c-sections, but a hysterectomy at 48. That's when I discovered "the pouch". Agh! 8 years later, despite running marathons, ultras, cycling miles and miles and weight training, it NEVER went away.
  • megdnoorman
    megdnoorman Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Your doctor is wrong.

Did yours go away? What did you do to make that happen?
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I've had one c-section, and 2 natural births. My stomach went back to the way it was before with hard work. However, I was not over weight before any of my kids so I think your starting weight has way more to do with losing the pooch than the actual c-section. Also, if your pooch is skin only surgery will make it go away.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

Your doctor is wrong.

Did yours go away? What did you do to make that happen?

Diet, lifting and patience. For me I lost my weight very slowly.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!