PATLD Challenge: Beginning 7/25

Options
To those who have signed up for the Plugging Away 'til Labor Day challenge... this is for you! ::

I want to thank and welcome you all for joining this challenge!! Just as a reminder, starting tomorrow, we're aiming to lose 5% of our current weight and walk (or elliptical, etc.) a total of 100 miles by Sept. 5. I'll keep a running total (we'll report every Monday our wt. & miles completed for that week - I'll send a message every Monday morning as a reminder!) and we will celebrate any and all of our successes along the way. What I would love to get from everyone today is their current weight and 5% of that number (or actually, if you have set a personal weight goal that you would like to reach in 6 weeks, that is fine as well!). Here are my stats to start us off!

CW: 258
Challenge GW: 245

Talk to you all soon - looking forward to completing this with all of you! :smile:

Replies

• lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Looking forward to working with all of you during this challenge!

CW: 168
    Challenge GW: 159

Good luck to all! :)
  • lokero27
    lokero27 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'M IN! Perfect as I have a wedding to attend that weekend.

CW: 142
    Challenge GW: 135

woo woo here we go
  • maddielu
    maddielu Posts: 12
    Options
    i'm just starting to use mfp for more than just tracking calories but i'd love to join!
    CW: 213
    GW for challenge: 200
  • DeandraLynn
    Options
    If the group is still open ~ I'm in!

CW 177
    GW 155
  • elana1987
    elana1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    So happy to have you all!! Let's begin! :-D
  • sock_17
    sock_17 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good mornign everyone!!

CW:185
    GW:176

~ Jamie
  • K9Lover
    K9Lover Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Let's get started! Wishing you all good effort and good luck.

Starting Weight: 148.8
    GW: 145

I realize it doesn't seem like much of a goal, but 145 by Labor Day has been my original goal since the beginning. I'm sticking to it for now but will probably change post-Labor Day.
  • elana1987
    Options
    I think that's a great goal, K9! Best of luck. :)
  • TamiDZ
    TamiDZ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Here we go.... SW: 254; GW: 241.3 in 6 weeks.

9539974.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • elana1987
    Options
    Thanks Tami - best of luck!! :)
  • nisaacs51306
    Options
    good afternoon everyone. looking forward to the support and getting over this hump of being stuck at this weight.
  • sock_17
    Options
    Good luck everyone!
  • sock_17
    Options
    Man, I'm slacking already! I tried to wake up early and get some miles in before work but I was never able to drag my butt out of bed! I don't know how people exercise in the morning!
    ~ Jamie
  • TamiDZ
    TamiDZ Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am not a morning person, but it does get better. There are good days and bad days, sleepy days and high energy days. I usually lie to myself and say I'll have a short workout - 10 minutes just to wake myself up - but once I am going it doesn't seem as hard to keep going.
    Have you tried working out in the evenings? Just make sure it is not too close to bedtime or you might be energized and awake longer.
    Hang in there, a few more days and you will have a pattern established.
  • sock_17
    Options
    Wow Tami!!! 21 miles already!! You're a rock star!!!
    I did get up this morning before work but not as early as I would have liked. I was only able to get 1 mile in before I had to leave for work. I'll be sure to get a good walk in tonigh. Whenever I do get off my butt to exercise it's almost always at night. I just park myself on my treadmill and catch up on some tv lol.
    ~ Jamie