Chocolate Craving Buster!

Options
I'm not a huge chocolate person, but lately I've been craving a bit, mostly the really dark stuff. Well, my body can't really handle much sugar so I was trying to figure out a way to get the chocolate craving under control with out a bunch of sugar.

What I've created is a horribly addicting snack that neither my husband or I could stop eating.

I used:
200g raw almonds
1/2 cup dark chocolate (i used 60% ghiardelli's chips, my favorite chocolate)

First, melted the chocolate until just smooth and let it sit to the side to cool down a bit.

Toasted the almonds lightly in a pan, then set aside to cool.

When both are room temp or so, pour the almonds into the chocolate and coat. I laid out some parchment paper (or wax paper) and put the almonds on the parchment in groups of two. Let them set up (its been hot, i put them in the freezer to harden) and then have been keeping them in an air tight container (in the fridge, its hot outside!)

Holy moly! These suckers are super addicting. I thought they were kind of ho-hum at first, but then I couldn't stop eating them. I couldn't even figure out how much I ate, between the two of us we seemed to polish them off very quickly!

So I get my protein from the nuts which keep me full and satisfied, and there is just enough chocolate to give it a very light coating.

SUPER ADDICTING.

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great snack.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I read this as I am sitting here eating my Almonds. Sounds YUMMY!
  • mindyrenee81
    mindyrenee81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    :happy: Yum! This sounds awesome! I crave chocolate really bad once a month. Im going to have to give this a try! Thanks for posting it!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • AnaBananaChan
    Options
    Try FiberOne bars, Luna and Cliff.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Thank you for making me VERY hungry lol.
    Mmm melted chocolate!
    Have you ever had chocolate, dipped in melted chocolate?!
    Because there different consistencies they taste different.
    Its amazing!!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Good idea! I usually try a chocolate strawberry protein smoothie:

2 Tbls Great Value sugar free Chocolate syrup
    2 Tbs Aria Vanilla Womens Soy Protein
    1 Cup Fresh Sliced Strawberries
    1/2 Cup Blue Diamond unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
    1 Cup Ice

And Blend until ice is crushed! yummmmmmmmmm :tongue:
  • fmbarbuto
    fmbarbuto Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Yummo! I love Jello Mousee Temptations - dark chocolate is great! They are only 60 calories! I put 2 tbsp of Reddi whip on top and it's like a little sundae! Only 75 calories total! :happy: