Seeking Junk Food Loving Buddy.

Options
Looking to make healthy changes for the long term. Don't do IF or extreme rules. Looking for like minded person for a Buddy. Please comment if you're interested.

Replies

• WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Add
  • Shanejo2323
    Shanejo2323 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love junk food too!! If you are honest and you enter the junk food you eat into this app you see how quickly the calories etc add up. That I don't like! The best way to not eat junk food is to not buy it and have it in the house. Will power!!! Not always easy but I like stepping on the scale and slowing seeing the results. I feel better and hopefully look better too.
    Good luck!!
  • skorsk
    skorsk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am a junk food connesuer!! Love it and usually feel some regret after eating it.
    I can eat a carton of B&J ice cream in about 20 min. My taste varies too.. can be coffee cake one day, candy bars the next, cheetos, and or ice cream is my fav.
    However.. just think if you lose the weight and subsequently will lose the nonstop cravings for it and eventually you will be able to enjoy it more in limited quantity of course.
    I find myself getting in habits like always stopping at Culver's after work... in order to break the cycle I have to just get in my car and go home asap. Do not dwell on what I'm missing then I make myself busy at home. Anyone can friend me and we can break the habits together yet still enjoy our treats in moderation.
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Interestingly enough, this post reminded me of a particular study which was conducted by a nutrition professor at K-State. I'll post the link below, but in a nutshell you had a guy that went on what he called the "connivence store diet" of items like chips, twinkles, Ho Ho's, Little Debbie snack cakes, etc. While any rational person would think this would be awful for your health, he lost almost 30 pounds in 2 months and dramatically improved his numbers in various health metrics. What he did do, in spite of his questionable food choices, is limit his calorie intake to 1800.

This strongly suggests what most people have concluded for a very long time; that calories are calories in the context of weight loss, no matter if they are in the form of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or hot fudge sundaes.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/