1000 calorie a day: eating what I want and not feeling hungry

Options
adreadrew
adreadrew Posts: 15 Member
I was on 1200 calorie at first 3 days of my diet. Now I tried 1000 calorie and not feeling hungry at all. And what funny is, I still eat whatever I want. Like today I eat fried chicken, grilled chicken with mozzarela, fried egg, noodle, rice, and even some dark chocolate! Am I putting the data wrong? I believe I put the food data right, because I weight it first. For justification, I eat small amount but often. I can eat 3 meal with 3 snack in between. And I don't eat unless I'm hungry and stop before I'm getting full.

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary? No one can really answer your question about the data without being able to see the data.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your food? It's very likely you're eating more than 1000 calories (which you should be anyway).
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    As well as opening your diary giving your stats, height, weight, goal weight, rate of loss as entered in MFP, daily activity level, and exercise will help us help you.

1000 calories is below the number that will fulfil the nutritional needs for anyone other than an old, petite, sedentary woman.
    Not meeting adequate nutritional goals has long term health effects even if one is feeling fine short term.

Cheers, h.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken leg - 170 calories
    4oz grilled chicken (hint - it's the size of a deck of cards) and 28oz of mozzarella - 200ish calories
    Egg - 70 calories (plus 20-80 calories depending on what you fried it in)
    Noodles - eh, that's vague. 200 calories for one serving (about a cup) without anything on it
    Rice - about 200 calories a cup
    dark chocolate - 220 calories for 3 squares, depending on the brand

Total = 1080 calories. So I suppose it's doable, but it's really not a lot of food (and I'd be starving, personally).
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'd love to know what you're eating! I'd pass out on only 1,000 calories a day...lol
  • adreadrew
    Options
    Fried chicken, fried egg and mozzarella? And noodles and rice? Either you're eating about three bites of each or logging incorrectly.
    kgeyser wrote: »
    Can you open your diary? No one can really answer your question about the data without being able to see the data.
    malibu927 wrote: »
    How are you measuring your food? It's very likely you're eating more than 1000 calories (which you should be anyway).
    As well as opening your diary giving your stats, height, weight, goal weight, rate of loss as entered in MFP, daily activity level, and exercise will help us help you.

1000 calories is below the number that will fulfil the nutritional needs for anyone other than an old, petite, sedentary woman.
    Not meeting adequate nutritional goals has long term health effects even if one is feeling fine short term.

Cheers, h.
    KM0692 wrote: »
    Wow, I'd love to know what you're eating! I'd pass out on only 1,000 calories a day...lol

I'm a 155cm with 73 kg. Female and living a really sedentary live (haha, felt a bit guilty about this). I rarely walk or exercise since I got to college, hence why I'm getting fatter every years. My goal is to lose 15 kg in 6 months.

My diary
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports/printable_diary?from=2017-05-05&to=2017-05-05
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Yeah you'd have to eat like a bite of each of those things to be at only 1000 calories.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    adreadrew wrote: »
    Fried chicken, fried egg and mozzarella? And noodles and rice? Either you're eating about three bites of each or logging incorrectly.

Cheers, h.

I'm a 155cm with 73 kg. Female and living a really sedentary live (haha, felt a bit guilty about this). I rarely walk or exercise since I got to college, hence why I'm getting fatter every years. My goal is to lose 15 kg in 6 months.

My diary
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/reports/printable_diary?from=2017-05-05&to=2017-05-05

You need to go to Settings > Diary Settings > and then set it as Public for any of us to see it.
  • adreadrew
    Options
    adreadrew wrote: »

Cheers, h.

My diary

You need to go to Settings > Diary Settings > and then set it as Public for any of us to see it.

Just did ;) sorry I'm still a newbie in community. Usually just use it to track my calorie

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info.
    Just as an FYI - I am 155cm, 46kg and lose at 1200 when sedentary. I am also quite old :'(

Your diary still isn't available, but what you list as what you eat, I would say you are overestimating your intake and not choosing the correct entries in MFP.

Get yourself a digital food scale and weigh everything.
    If it goes in your mouth it goes on the scale first.

A 1 lbs (.5kg) a week loss would be a good goal.

Opening your diary would be helpful.

Cheers, h.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    I don't recognise many of the things in your diary so have no clue how accurate your entries are, but are you weighing everything? You have entries like "2 pieces", "0.5 cup" and "medium apple". Also, are you including all your oils, condiments, drinks, etc.? For example, when you fry an egg, do you fry it in oil and do you include that in your calorie count?

You've only got a few days' worth of data so it's too early to tell, but in general the advice would be to eat more than 1,000 calories (minimum of 1,200 is usually recommended for women) to make sure you get proper nutrition. You may well be eating more than you think if you're not weighing accurately and choosing the correct entries, but if you're really eating that little then you may start to see some health issues in the future.

(You can definitely "eat what you want", within your calorie goals, but it needs to be weighed and logged accurately for you to see results and it shouldn't come at the expense of good nutrition. :) )
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    From what I can see, you are using generic entries a lot. These are user created and could be a good match but you'd never know because you didn't input the recipe yourself.

You have things like parts of slices of bread logged. 50g of chicken which is a tiny piece. 0.2 cups of fried cabbage. That would literally be about a mouthful.

There is absolutely no way you are stuffed on what is in your diary if you are logging correctly. If, as you say and some of the entries show, the foods are cooked with oil, that immediately will bump up the calories by quite a lot.

Are you cooking at home or out a lot? I'd really advise getting a food scale if you can and cooking at home so you can weigh and measure accurately.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    You have things like parts of slices of bread logged. 50g of chicken which is a tiny piece. 0.2 cups of fried cabbage. That would literally be about a mouthful.

Yeah, I would never have the restraint to eat 1/4 of a slice of toast! A lot of those amounts do seem very small... perhaps OP is someone who likes to eat little and often (I think she mentioned this) and just kind of snacks her way through her day, but overall it seems like far too little food to not feel hungry.