30 Day Shred: Monday Check-in (2/2)

Options
Feeling great this morning and ready to advance to level 2!

Today's Weight: 142 (3 lbs lost last week)
Goal Weight: 138
Waist: 30.5 ( lost an inch last week)
Workouts Goal: 6/week - 4 shred + 2 other
Last week: Goal Meet! I alternated 30 day shred with Power 90 Cardio Circuit + Ab Blast

Obviously, working Abs everyday is working. Gotta thank my Husband for that advice he says those muscles can be worked daily.

Funny story about the Shred. Both kids have been teasing me that it looks so easy - Yesterday son tried to do it with me and didn't even get through 1st circuit!:laugh:

Replies

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Feeling great this morning and ready to advance to level 2!

Today's Weight: 142 (3 lbs lost last week)
    Goal Weight: 138
    Waist: 30.5 ( lost an inch last week)
    Workouts Goal: 6/week - 4 shred + 2 other
    Last week: Goal Meet! I alternated 30 day shred with Power 90 Cardio Circuit + Ab Blast

Obviously, working Abs everyday is working. Gotta thank my Husband for that advice he says those muscles can be worked daily.

Funny story about the Shred. Both kids have been teasing me that it looks so easy - Yesterday son tried to do it with me and didn't even get through 1st circuit!:laugh:
  • mdebroy
    Options
    Checking in again!
    Wow well last week was a bomb for me. This week will have to be better. I didn't lose a pound! Oh well
    Weight 163.5
    Waist (honestly I am sooo bloated I don't want to know!!!)
    Workouts: 4 -2 30 day shred and -2 dance practice
    Last week: Complete Bomb! Didn't have the time or energy to workout enough and ate horribly to top it all off! This week I will have my minimum 6 workouts and I will stick to the healthy eating plan and get through to cheat day.
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i lost 3.5 pounds last week, and i think it has a lot to do with the 30 day shred. although i came down with a cold on fri and missed 3 days in a row. i'm determined to get back into it today, though. i've been burning less calories on level one, so it might be time to move up to level 2.
  • kileenas
    Options
    start weight 184
    weight this week 179 (5 pound loss. Woo hoo! last check in I didn't lose any)
    I missed 2 days in a row last week, but will try to do everyday this week. Definitely very happy with the results so far.
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Way to go fellow Shredders! I just finished my first level 2 work-out and it kicked my butt. I keep telling myself that is what level 1 did the first time. I think it will take me a few to decide if I like this one. A lot of the routine seemed upper body intense (which I probably need because I've spent too long running and not working upper body).
  • laurabelle25
    Options
    Gosh everyone is doing so great!!!! Congrats to you all on your hard work!!!!

For me, I actually exercised more than the week prior, but still not up to my 6 work outs per week. And I gained back the 3 lbs I lost. But I know that has to do with me going back to my university last weekend and I did some serious partying, eating, etc. So I'm actually going to the gym tonight and after I'm going to do the shred....hopefully this will put me back on track. (I'm really hoping that most of the weight is water retention! everyone pray with me that it is:wink: )

Last Week: 151
    This Week 154
    Work Outs: 4, Level 1
    Goal: 6
    Weight Goal: 145

I'm also going to try Level 2 this week! Getting excited! But nervous about it too. oh well, it'll be good for me...right?!:happy:
    -Laura
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    Laura - I have no doubt the 3 will be off in no time. I had a party weekend a few weeks ago and it stalled my weight loss initially but then there was a big boost. Enjoy level 2.
  • Summarain
    Options
    I've been doing this for 4 days now.

Last Week: 178lbs
    This Week 177lbs
    Work Outs: Level 1, once a day
    Goal: 7 days @ Level 1
    Weight Goal: 145

This is my first week. I am feeling much better with getting through Level 1. Once I can do the real versions instead of the modified versions then I will advance to Level 2.:smile:
  • rialynn79
    Options
    I ordered the 30 day shred today. It sounds intense... but I'm looking forward to a serious get in gear *kitten* kickin.
  • SarainKS
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Last week: 139
    This week: 137 (woo hoo 2lbs)
    Workouts: 4 days at level 1, 1 day of level 2
    Weight goal for this week: 135
    Month weight goal: 130
    Workout goal for this week: 5 days of level 2 (but I might change it up with some kickboxing or something)

I ate pretty well, but there were some things that I definitely could have avoided. I'm just acxious to see the inches change.
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Alright everyone! I didn't do as many work outs as i liked at least not as many 30-day shreds. I was really busy this week with other exercises. BUT this week i should do fine.
    I feel bloated today but i think it might be my TOM coming on soo... don't know how my WEIGHT really is.
  • SarainKS
    Options
    Anyone incorporating any other DVD's into the shred? I'm getting kind of bored with it.
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    I'm alternating with the power 90 DVD. Boredom is the biggest problem with DVDs IMO. So getting out an old one is a good solution to mix it up a little bit.
  • sromeo18
    Options
    I started the 30day shred today! What a workout atleast for me it was anyways and only on level 1 my goodness!

However, im not sure how to break it down to input it into my exercise - any suggestions on how you did it?
  • nyja33
    nyja33 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ive been reading a lot about 30 day Shred and Workout: one on one with Jackie Warner. I guess, she and Jillian co-own Skylab in Beverly Hills. Looking to up the workout and bring my "A" game. Sounds like 30 day Shred is the way to go, yes?
  • duffyzmom
    Options
    I think the 30 day shred is definitely intense. Despite the cardio portion this is a strength/toning workout so I alternate this DVD with cardio intense workouts.
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred yesturday, level 1. I also did BL Bob's Boot Camp week 1-2. Did 30 day shred again today. And I think I will try to do boot camp DVD 3-4 times a week. Feel really good after workout. Killer on the arms.