Emotional Eater

Options
How to deal with things in your past with out eatting carbs and bad foods, when your on a eatting plan.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Can you get an appointment with a therapist?
  • bunkahes
    bunkahes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I do see a therapist but only dealing with my ptsd
  • beanfacekilla
    beanfacekilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there is no easy solution. However, there is one way to think about it.....

Only you can decide to change your life. If you do make the decision, it can be easier to stick to than you think.

You have the power to do what you want. You can accomplish pretty much whatever you decide to do (within reason, obv).

Once you get a little momentum, it gets easier. I don't know what motivated me. One day I just made up my mind, I am gonna change my life. Not like dieting to get skinny, but just change my eating habits and get healthy. I have been pretty disciplined, but I already made up my mind.

Just ask yourself what you want. If you want to eat better, just do it. I know you can. You know you can.

I hope this helps.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    No easy solutions ever, but what helped for me when I felt I was walking towards where the food was, instead of heading int the kitchen heading outside for a walk.
    In the beginning it most certainly did not always work, but after some time my go to stress buster became that walk now, not the food cabinet. Practice did make perfect there, but also recognising that changing a habit takes some time and last but not least not giving up on that intention if I failed once or twice, or three times.
  • Lifeisgood4
    Lifeisgood4 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    If you google "emotional eating" there are lots of websites out there that can help - reliable websites from the mayo clinic, web m.d., everyday health, etc. Just start reading, no pressure. Just see what is out there and even if one little thing sticks in your mind today, that will help. One little thing at a time and you're heading in the right direction.