What would you do

Options
So you were in a Fitbit challenge last week where you came 5th. You want to win, but you have friends on Fitbit who get in anywhere from 190,000 to 200,000 7 day step average, do you

A: start a challenge next week and leave the heavy steppers out( you have friends in common). So you win

B: you start a challenge and invite those who do less steps so you win.

C: you say I have won the work week hustle on Fitbit in the past, I'll invite a mixture of people and try to do better than my 5th place last week. Thereby seeing it as a challenge to yourself.

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    C. Try to do more next time but don't let it discourage you if you lose. Use it as inspiration.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    C, because I believe in the principle of kaizen, or constant improvement. There will always be someone who's stronger, fitter, or faster than you. So use their success to help you set higher goals for yourself.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    D. Use the challenge as a tool for improving my own step total and thereby improve my own general well being. Placement is irrelevant provided performance improves.

i.e. This past Sept. I ran my first Half Marathon. Finished 7 out of 10 in my age/gender group. Next Sept. I plan on running the same race and only hope to improve on my 2:17:10 time. Where I place is of no consequence as long as MY TIME, and therefore I, improves. I am NEVER going to win a Half Marathon, BUT I can beat my past self.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You should totally find some people who only do 4 steps a day to compete against so you win... :laugh:
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Put it on the dog, seem to make better sense
    You should totally find some people who only do 4 steps a day to compete against so you win... :laugh:

• rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Lol