Night Shifts?

Options
Anyone else work nights? I'm having issues on logging in my food diary, andI end up feeling like I have to wait till after midnight to eat my lunch so my calories don't get counted in one day instead of the other.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Perhaps consider labelling your meals in times, and getting your calories in a 24hour period.

So... 12am-4am, 4am-8am, 8am-12pm,12pm-4pm, 4pm-8pm, 8pm-12am.

That way you can keep track of what's going where?

Keeping an eye on your weekly goals instead of daily may also help
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    my days are from when i wake up to when i sleep....You should do the same. Assuming you sleep once, not just a bunch of naps or something (5 days in one though if i nap a bunch, yumm :p)
  • pitbullmamaliz
    pitbullmamaliz Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I just have mine set up for hours. Most of my food is usually in the last two sections, but at least it's logged. My diary is open if you want to see.
  • runlikeagirl1985
    runlikeagirl1985 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Perhaps consider labelling your meals in times, and getting your calories in a 24hour period.

So... 12am-4am, 4am-8am, 8am-12pm,12pm-4pm, 4pm-8pm, 8pm-12am.

That way you can keep track of what's going where?

Keeping an eye on your weekly goals instead of daily may also help

I do this and it really helps since I do rotating shift work and end up napping some days and my schedule is never the same every week. That way I know that my day is 24 hours regardless of when I sleep. If you look at weekly goals it also helps you to be able to add more to days your low so higher days aren't so bad and they all average out at the end of the week.
  • medic2038
    medic2038 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    my days are from when i wake up to when i sleep....You should do the same. Assuming you sleep once, not just a bunch of naps or something (5 days in one though if i nap a bunch, yumm :p)

OP, this is how to do it!
    I do this as well.
  • Cellby
    Cellby Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Is t possible to change the setting on the food diary to times instead?