Stressed! Need to lose more weight before my wedding

Options
Hi all!
Second time around at weight loss here. I've lost 15lbs since November 2016. Hoping to be around 165lbs or less for my wedding in four months. So stressful. I just can't get motivated to go to the gym. It's been a rough year with anxiety and depression so getting motivated is my biggest problem. It's a miracle I've stuck to the calorie counting this long, mind you I have had set backs. I know I need to get back to the gym for weight loss as well as mental wellbeing. If I can work out some of the stress I know I will feel better, so what is holding me back? I'm scared. I know I'll be sweaty, red faced, huffing and puffing as I try my best to run. Starting at ground zero is hard.

Replies

• oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Do you have a friend you could work out with?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    agree with the don't focus on a specific number - run your stats through the MFP and see what they give you; eat back a portion of your exercise calories (MFP recommendations are based on this) - make sure you have a rounded diet with all kinds of foods (both those you label as good and bad) - this is your first step in a journey
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Maybe the gym is not your thing. Have you ever tried any workout DVDs at home? There are some great videos out there that can burn a lot of calories quick. I also have a set of dumbbells I use at home to help get some type of lifting in. The gym is a great place but sometimes it's nice to mix it up a bit. Congrats on the upcoming wedding and your weight loss so far. Try not to stress to much, this is one of the best times of your life.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Don't stress so much - this should be the best time of your life- lose what you can- make sure your wedding dress fits you beautifully and do your best- in the long run- you WILL get the weight off- now does it matter if it is before the wedding or a few months afterwards- do not stress- ENJOY your day!!!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Actually, you don't need to go to the gym to lose weight. The gym is great if you want to be there, but some people prefer getting outside and walking or running or cycling or playing a sport. Pick an activity that appeals to you and do that if you don't want to go to the gym.

(And, yes, I know you can lose weight without physical activity at all, but she did say that the exercise was also for mental wellbeing, and I agree that it's a good idea.)
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    You want to be 165lbs in four months. Starting from where?
  • techie30
    techie30 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I hate the gym so I work out at home. DVD's or beachbody on demand are my go-to's. I find I'm more motivated by a program than coming up with exercises on my own.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    As long as you didn't buy the dress in a smaller than you are size, just focus on getting to the wedding happy and healthy.