Just a thin fat girl trying to get back down to size

Options
Hello all! I'll try to keep this short. My name is Anna and I'm 27 years old. For many years I stayed around 150lbs and I was happy and healthy but over the last five years after becoming a full time house wife (and being in my 20's) and I am now 190. Now, I don't exactly look like I weigh that much though, even my doctor was like "she looks thin though" and he has me getting some blood work done to make sure everything is ok. I am a week into having Invisalign and I do expect that I might lose some weight with it since I can only have water 22 hours a day lol. I am not a lazy person; I try to walk my dogs every day for at least 30-60 minutes unless it's way too hot, I have a treadmill I use at least five days a week for as long as I can depending on how much time I have, I'm trying to become a runner, I do squats, push-ups, lunges, plank, and so on. I also do a lot around the house everyday plus going up and down the stairs all day. I don't eat poorly. Despite all of this the scale goes up as my confidence goes down.... I just hope I can turn this around before my numbers go any higher. My goal is to lose fat without gaining muscle and any input, advice or guidance is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• samarhefka2551
    samarhefka2551 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ok, I feel like I may have left something's out. I have a crushed lumbar from injuries and the more I gain the more it hurts. I am hoping to lose weight in hopes of reducing the pain
  • 2y2k
    2y2k Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking the first steps in becoming a healthier version of yourself! Excited for your journey! Something to keep in mind is that you eat well to lose weight & exercise to gain muscle. You can be walking your dogs and getting in enough exercise, but it's all about how much you put in your body that determines your loss verses gain. Consistency is key. Also, you said that you're doing squats– muscle is denser than fat and therefore weighs more. Try watching your sodium/sugar intake, as well. If you're consuming a lot of salt, it could be water weight that you're gaining, not necessarily fat. My Fitness Pal will definitely help you get a good understanding of the nutrients and quality of the food you're putting in your body. The important thing is to log everything you eat/consume/drink/put in your body. That way you can get an idea of why you are gaining/losing. Wishing you well! Feel free to add me, if you like (:
  • WSOX37
    WSOX37 Posts: 1,611 Member
    Options
    Add
  • skorsk
    skorsk Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 54 and had braces put on my teeth about a year ago. I did lose about 10 pounds because my teeth hurt so bad but I still ate just not so much and a lot of soft food. It's all good now and the pain goes away quickly. I've just got a few months left. Invisalign prob won't be as bad as it slowly moves the teeth over time.
    I also am just coming back off a L4-5 disc protrusion. Diet is the key and working out is just icing on the cake so to speak.. get your diet calories in vs calories out at a good rate and the rest will follow. Don't dwell on what you don't have. Don't overthink it.
  • samarhefka2551
    Options
    Visage999 wrote: »
    Congratulations on taking the first steps in becoming a healthier version of yourself! Excited for your journey! Something to keep in mind is that you eat well to lose weight & exercise to gain muscle. You can be walking your dogs and getting in enough exercise, but it's all about how much you put in your body that determines your loss verses gain. Consistency is key. Also, you said that you're doing squats– muscle is denser than fat and therefore weighs more. Try watching your sodium/sugar intake, as well. If you're consuming a lot of salt, it could be water weight that you're gaining, not necessarily fat. My Fitness Pal will definitely help you get a good understanding of the nutrients and quality of the food you're putting in your body. The important thing is to log everything you eat/consume/drink/put in your body. That way you can get an idea of why you are gaining/losing. Wishing you well! Feel free to add me, if you like (:

Thank you for responding! I do like to keep my booty round and firm lol so I try to keep with my squats, I've never had a round butt until a year or so ago and like I said I just try to keep it firm. I guess I should consider that in comparison to where I used to be, when I was thin I had a small butt, smaller boob's (was a c and now a dd ) and I didn't really have much muscle. I just want to keep the muscle mass on the lower side, focusing on the butt and shoulder/arm strength. I do occasionally take water pills to try to keep the water weight to a minimum. I will definitely add you!
  • samarhefka2551
    Options
    krisonkor wrote: »
    I'm 54 and had braces put on my teeth about a year ago. I did lose about 10 pounds because my teeth hurt so bad but I still ate just not so much and a lot of soft food. It's all good now and the pain goes away quickly. I've just got a few months left. Invisalign prob won't be as bad as it slowly moves the teeth over time.
    I also am just coming back off a L4-5 disc protrusion. Diet is the key and working out is just icing on the cake so to speak.. get your diet calories in vs calories out at a good rate and the rest will follow. Don't dwell on what you don't have. Don't overthink it.

Nice to hear from someone in a similar situation!! My invisalign is going faster, I change my trays every week so it's like 4 adjustments a month and my teeth are constantly sore lol plus I can't have anything but water for 22 hours a day so no more snacking lol. I'm making it routine to track everything and stay in my intake range. I'm hoping in time I'll start seeing results. Everyone who gets invisalign claim to lose weight just from not being able to eat and not wanting to deal with the trays so we will see, I'm only two weeks in! Not sure if you have an instagram for it (sounds silly but there is a huge community on instagram) you can add me @invisible0beauty
  • mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Your case is not complicated, you don't care about your muscle mass, so stick with calories in vs calories out, get a 500 calorie deficit either from less food or more exercising or mix of both. don't go below 500 calories tho.

and track your weight every week on a scale and you'll do just fine, every month decrease your calories by 50-100

And goodluck ^^