VEGAS!!!

Options
godroxmysox
godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
I'm leaving for Vegas on Thursday for my little sister's national cheer competition. The comptetition is only one day and we will be there for 4, so that gives us 3 days to do whatever we want! None of us have ever been, so we want to make sure we get the full experience. Half of us are seeing Kriss Angel on Friday and the other half are seeing Celine Dion Sunday.

Those who have been there (or live there). What do you recommend we do not leave before checking out? Funds are limited, but all ideas are welcome! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I loved the M&M and Coca Cola store. Oh and the shops at the Forum (Caesars).
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    If you have never been before just go walk around on the strip, I recommend the paris tower, bellagio fountains, MGM grand shark tank, lots of stuff you will see there you wont see anywhere else.
  • terrie98
    terrie98 Posts: 49
    Options
    I just went to Vegas in June for my wedding. It was the time of my life!! We stayed at New York New York... if you like roller coasters, go ride the one that goes through that hotel. We spent a lot of time walking the strip. The Mandalay Bay has a great aquarium....MGM has lions. Just go into any hotel you pass and you will find something to do/see.

Have fun!! I can't wait to go back.
  • bagpipebecky03
    Options
    The Venetian has a band that plays almost every night in one of their bars called Peter Monroy- he is amazing! Have a great time!
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Tix4tonight can offer some great deals on food. I like the Top of the World restaurant and the buffet at the Rio. Also check out the free show at Treasure Island, the volcano at the Mirage, and the Fremount street experience downtown. Never buy anything from a Taxi driver and watch out for pick pockets in crowds, (very rare but it does happen). Have a great trip!
  • mya2012
    mya2012 Posts: 18
    Options
    I love vegas! I only live 4-6 hours ( due to traffic) but you guys will love vegas. I enjoy the walks on the strips. I dont gamble but getting out of San Diego for a weekend wont hurt. There plenty to do. You can go circus circus with the kids or even enjoy a Fat Tuesday...They are so declious. I really didnt the shows, I just found a little entertainment for myself like shopping. I guess to sum what I trying to say is "Whatever happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!!! Have fun..I am def thinking of going this weekend....
  • MacSkillz
    MacSkillz Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Just spend a few hours walking around the Venetian. It's GORGEOUS!!! At Hooter's, they have $0.25 wings every night at midnight. There is usually a bit of a line, but it's worth the wait!! The inside of the Luxor is pretty. Also, if you're into it, the Thunder from Down Under show at the Excalibur is AWESOME! The men are very very attractive! ;) Also, you must either go to the top of the Eiffel Tower at Paris or the Stratosphere. The view is to die for. It's just simply breathtaking!
    I LOVED Vegas when I went and can't wait to go back. I hope you enjoy it!! ^_^
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    are you renting a car? if yes you can check out the Hoover Dam and lake Mead. Go see Fat Elvis (free). The flower gardens at the Ballegio. The Wynn has some pretty gardens as well. The Treasure Island has a free show outside....

Lots to do...
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Also nearby but off of the strip and away from "VEGAS" is taking a tour of Hoover Dam. More of a man tour I suppose but still interesting and not food or drink oriented.

You WILL be walking your legs off, so aside from your party shoes, do bring some sensible shoes because each hotel is a block away (and that is probably at least 1/4 mile ) and it would be very interesting to use a pedometer to walk around town. OMG! You'll walk miles and miles and miles each day whether you plan to "walk" or not! Seriously!! Have a great time!