losing weight

Options
im a teen (18) and ive had some trouble on deciding if my goal of 145lbs is a slim weight. im american and im 5'9, and i have a medium frame. would 145lbs still be chubby for me or should i stay with that goal, or maybe go down to 140 lbs? i work out 3-5 days a week (that includes weight training and cardio) and i eat maybe less than 1,000 calories a day. just btw, im ABSOLUTELY NOT starving myself with less than a thousand calories a day, and i know its not healthy, but i eat a LOT of protein a day so i am never hungry except for when its my meal time, so please do not bash on me for eating too few calories as im still very healthy and have been losing weight at a good but fast pace... anyways, i need to know if 145 would be a good goal for me, as the kind of body i want is a kpop body (still toned and with the s line figure) and PLEASE suggest leg and calf slimming and core and waist slimming workouts, or just any tips for losing weight would be greatly appreciated.. thank you!

Replies

• allisonander11
    allisonander11 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    also, im currently 155 lbs ( forgot to metion that, sorry ) and please suggest any sports that help with slimming down and achieving a k pop body
  • xochimoche
    xochimoche Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8 and when I weighted 138 people would often tell me I looked too thin. Then I gained a few pounds and at 142 I still looked pretty thin. You're an inch taller then me so 145 should be perfect.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    A few things...
    -genetics determine what kind of body you'll have
    -1000 is absolutely too low. Set your goal to lose half a pound a week and eat that much plus a portion of your exercise calories
    -calorie deficit=weight loss, but exercise is still good. Do some combination of cardio and strength/resistance training
    -when you reach 145 you can then decide if you should lose more
  • KM0692
    KM0692 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, and I look really thin at 140-145. I have had people ask if I'm okay.
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Dare I ask - what's a kpop girl?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    amyepdx wrote: »
    Dare I ask - what's a kpop girl?
    Korean pop stars, I believe
  • irxproductions
    irxproductions Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Fitness Magazine says 136-151 would be ideal for a woman your height with a medium build so I think 145 is spot on (at least, according to them)!

I'm a 5'9" man and weigh 145. The healthy range for me is 140-170, but I do have people tell me I look too skinny. At the end of the day, the ideal weight is one that's healthy where you feel good.

Good luck!
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    also, im currently 155 lbs ( forgot to metion that, sorry ) and please suggest any sports that help with slimming down and achieving a k pop body

Careful who you idolize. http://mashable.com/2017/03/17/plastic-surgery-kpop/#Q3rZvDthVkqr
    Your goal should be achieving YOUR best body.
  • conorhtafc
    conorhtafc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    1,000 calories is very little even though you might be eating a lot of protein. I'm a 5'9 male and currently on 1,700 kcals and am eating about 170g of protein a day and losing a pound a week comfortably for a while now. Protein isn't all you need and you will definitely enjoy your meals more by upping the kcals! Plus, it's not like you need to lose weight anyway as 145 sounds perfect!