confessed

Options
linda45ll837h
linda45ll837h Posts: 15 Member
I am 69 and weight 202 i would like to get down to 160, My daily goals is set to eat 1,430 . I want to lose 1 pound a week I walks 30 mintues a day. My question is do i stick with 1,430 caloriers.

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Did you set your weight loss goal for 1 lb for week? If so, that's what you should eat. You can adjust up or down from there when you see the results. The MFP calculation is set up for your to eat back calories earned from purposeful exercise (not included in your activity level setting), so you may or may not want to add something back for your 30 minutes of daily walking. I'd warn against giving yourself *too* much extra credit for it at first, until you've had a chance to see how things go.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda. I'm the same age and have been here for over three years I have lost 50lbs and am stuck at the moment. But we have to keep going. You can do this stick with it and very good luck
  • linda45ll837h
    linda45ll837h Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks I have loss 25 pounds on weight watchers but it hard to pay for it on a fixed income.So i will try this plan and see if it will work for me.Any advice is welcome.
  • shakenbake57
    shakenbake57 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Losing the 25 is a wonderful accomplishment! I'll be 60 in a couple months. For the most part I keep my net daily avg over a week at 1200 and am down 30# in 4 mo. As many have said on these threads- slow and steady wins the race. I eat what I want, try to make healthy chioces and when there's something not so healthy, I plan for it so can fit it in keeping my aim for the weekly target. I weigh most all my food and think this is a must to be sure accurate on calories.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    All weight watchers is, is calorie counting, but instead of saying this item has 200 calories they say it's 2 "points' or something like that.

Enter your foods, learn how the calorie makeup works. Eat lots of fruits / vegetables / lean meat and you'll be good.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Thanks I have loss 25 pounds on weight watchers but it hard to pay for it on a fixed income.So i will try this plan and see if it will work for me.Any advice is welcome.

I find this easier than Weight Watchers. Added bonus - it's free!

Some good posts to read to get started:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10260499/i-like-old-posts-and-i-cannot-lie/p1
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Yes you can do it Linda. Log everything and use s food scale is key to success. You are doing great
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Log everything and stick to the 1430 for at least a month and see how your weight loss goes. It's mostly about getting a good track record of data from which to make future decisions. So log everything every day.

I went from 210 to 142 starting at age 53. I've kept it off using only this site and tracking my food. You can do it! Only exercise I got for quite a while was a 45 minute walk. Stick to it. :)
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @linda45ll837h
    Welcome to MFP
    Try MFP "Most Helpful Post" at the beginning of this Message Board.
    Here is a link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
    Buy yourself a digital food scale, with a Tare button. Weigh all food you ingest. Log it at MFP
    If you eat at a deficit ( calories burned higher than calories ingested), your body weight will decrease
    Good luck in your healthy journey