Do You Zumba?

Options
I'm thinking I need to Zumba. From what I hear it's a good workout and everyone who does it loves it. Since I don't have a gym membership, does anyone know of any good Zumba videos that I can buy? Recommendations, please. (:

Replies

• lkm111
    lkm111 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I have the original DVD set that you can get from their website. I've used them for over a year now and I love them. I am going to move on to Turbo Fire because I need a change. I will probably at some point get the newer set, too.

FYI, some gyms have pay as you go for Zumba, meaning you don't need a membership, you just pay a small fee (around $5 per session).

Have fun!
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Before I had my gym membership I would do Zumba at the local boys and girls club the instructor charged $5.00 I also would do Zumba on my son's XBOX
  • DSteele83
    DSteele83 Posts: 7
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba, it is a fantastic workout and I have lost 2.5 lbs since I started a month ago!! I go to a place called Brickhouse Cardio Club that is strictly for Zumba with licensed instructors. I'm paying $35 a month for unlimited classes and probably go 3-4 times a week. I'm not that good of dancer, but it really gives you a good sweat. I also bought the dvd set off the Zumba website, it cost me like $100, but well worth it! Good Luck!!!
  • sunkissedprincess
    Options
    YES :) They offer classes at my gym, included in the membership. I go 4-6 times a week, an hour each time and I burn tons plus it's fun. Classes vary by instructor but my instructors are very fast paced and energetic. At first it's hard because you have to learn as you go but you'll get it and love it :D
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I love zumba and I've only done one class! I highly reccomend finding a pay as you go place to do this - because I know I'd have trouble forcing myself to keep up that level of energy alone
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I love zumba and I've only done one class! I highly reccomend finding a pay as you go place to do this - because I know I'd have trouble forcing myself to keep up that level of energy alone
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to Zumba. It's so much fun and quite a workout. I am very uncoordinated and it took me a few classes to get the steps somewhat, but as long as you keep moving, you'll do fine.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Go to the Zumba Fitness website and look up instructors in your area - a lot of the classes not associated with a gym are usually only about $3/class. The DVD's/games are good if that's what you're in to, but a live class is WAY more fun!
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I have the Zumba game on the wii - it's brilliant fun and a good work out, would definately recommend it especially if, like me, you can't afford £5 per session for classes - in the UK the game was only £25-30 so as soon as you've done it 5 or 6 times you've made your money back :o)
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of Zumba too, thinking of getting the Wii game also. I've thought about going to a class but I worry that as I am 22 everyone there will be older than me (I have this idea that everyone my age is fitter than me and doing more high intensity classes like boxercise)... can anyone confirm what the age range is like in classes?
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of Zumba too, thinking of getting the Wii game also. I've thought about going to a class but I worry that as I am 22 everyone there will be older than me (I have this idea that everyone my age is fitter than me and doing more high intensity classes like boxercise)... can anyone confirm what the age range is like in classes?
    have a look on youtube several classes have posted videos on there so you'll get an idea of ages sizes etc, zumba is certainly for all ages, and people will be too busy doing their own thing to notice if you are younger, bigger, skinnier, huffing more than they are
  • sonyyyyy
    sonyyyyy Posts: 33
    Options
    i actually have the zumba on my xbox and i do it every other day (along with going to the gym and eating right ofcourse) and i have lost 20 pounds so far. I recommend it!