Scared to step on the scale...

Options
Rajions
Rajions Posts: 128 Member
So I started work almost a month ago and I have reverted back to my old routine. I'm not at all happy with myself. I find it very difficult to try to eat healthy at work. I don't have enough time to sit and eat a salad. We have a bar that is available to us (fried chicken, potato wedges, burger sliders), which makes it even worse. I'm​ too tired to exercise and my feet hurt too bad to even think about it. I'm not necessarily needing an answer, I'm just afraid I've gained my weight back.

Replies

• mohamedahmed07
    mohamedahmed07 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Then don't weigh yourself until you're satisfied or confident enough, because if you weigh yourself, and find a disappointing result, you will get disappointed and maybe quit, don't weigh yourself unless you've been eating clean for a while.
  • Rajions
    Rajions Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Then don't weigh yourself until you're satisfied or confident enough, because if you weigh yourself, and find a disappointing result, you will get disappointed and maybe quit, don't weigh yourself unless you've been eating clean for a while.

At this point I've already quit, but I think I can start back up again. Thanks :)
  • Mistywolf3000
    Mistywolf3000 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey Rajions! I felt the same way before last week. I am a graduate student and my day is mostly sedentary with some walking around campus. Add to that the stress of deadlines and assignments and weight loss was just one more thing I needed to/didn't need to add to my plate. I knew I needed to lose weight, so I started exercising after work/on my lunch hour, which lowered my stress! However, I weighed myself continuously for about a month with no results. I really needed to be mentally ready to embrace the tracking app and admit to myself that eyeballing my "healthy" food wasn't working for me. Everyone's mental set point is different. So far so good! I know where my calories are going, now I can lose the weight.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Can you meal prep your food and take your lunch? I make my lunches once at the beginning of the week for the entire week. I make easy stuff and probably use an hour to make it all, pack it in meal containers, and stick it all in the fridge. Then I have healthy food that I know the calories etc and can track accurately and it makes my morning so easy because I can just grab it on the way out the door. There's lots of meal prepping vids on YouTube. I'd be happy to share my two favs if you're interested:) You don't even need to exercise if you're eating at a deficit.
  • amberlyda1
    amberlyda1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I got super stressed after my midterms and I fell right back into old habits. I gained 10 lbs quick....mainly because I had stopped taking measrements and weighing myself. My personal little mantra is "I did this to myself and I can fix this myself"
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Rajions wrote: »
    So I started work almost a month ago and I have reverted back to my old routine. I'm not at all happy with myself. I find it very difficult to try to eat healthy at work. I don't have enough time to sit and eat a salad. We have a bar that is available to us (fried chicken, potato wedges, burger sliders), which makes it even worse. I'm​ too tired to exercise and my feet hurt too bad to even think about it. I'm not necessarily needing an answer, I'm just afraid I've gained my weight back.

Stop making excuses and take responsibility for how much food you put on your plate and stuff down your throat.

You can lose weight eating fried chicken, potato wedges and sliders.

A little harshly put, maybe, but true! :) You do have to take responsibility. You don't need exercise to lose weight, but you must watch your calories in that case.

Get on that scale... you can't move forward until you know where you're starting from!
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Get in the scale, record and move on, only then can you see your progress. Good luck
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Rajions wrote: »

Stop making excuses and take responsibility for how much food you put on your plate and stuff down your throat.

You can lose weight eating fried chicken, potato wedges and sliders.

This is 100% the truth.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    As somebody who was scared of the scale and got over it, I went from once a week check-ins to every day, secure in the knowledge that it's a long haul process. There are up days, there are down days, and there are really big up days.
  • gueseak
    gueseak Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you tried planning your food? I take a simple wrap (spinach, chicken, sweet potato) with me. Of course yours could be anything, or something else simple that you can make ahead of time.
    No tupperware nothing to clean. Easy.
    I know what's in it and I can log it on fitnesspal ahead of time.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I agree that you need to stop making excuses. I was there and used them! I teach so I get about 15 min. to eat lunch a day. After working 10 hours a day, I was too exhausted to exercise at all. When I finally stopped making excuses I started losing the weight.

1. I meal prep on Sundays. I cut all my veggies, cook my protein, etc, weigh them, and put them into portion sized containers. All I have to do each morning is grab my containers.

2. When I stopped saying I was too tired to exercise and started exercising, I found that I got a burst of energy after. I exercise after dinner and it helps give me the energy to: clean up dinner mess, make daughter and husbands lunches , get clothes ready for next day, correct papers, fold the days laundry.
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    On your situation you got only two choices to push yourself eat healthily or do eat what is available around. Personally, for me I'll just do eat what's available around and make a deficit on that way it's easy to do weight loss. :)
  • jaxonzhole
    jaxonzhole Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breathe, exhale, close ur eyes, step on the scale, peek, log and repeat tomorrow etc.

One day at a time.. so enjoy your journey! You got this!
  • Cocoa1020
    Cocoa1020 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I was too scared to step on the scale for months. when I finally did i realized I gained the weight that I lost. I wish i stepped on the scale sooner and stop the weight gain in its tracks :/ its been three weeks and i've been working out and doing my best to eat out less and measuring/logging everything. I lost about 4 lbs since. you got this girl!

• susanp57
    susanp57 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It's Sunday and I just finished my weekdays meal prep. 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners. (I leave my options open for Friday evening). My lunches are 5 salads. Most of the ingredients are the same except proteins. 2 have beans, 2 have chicken salad, 1 has some thinly sliced leftover steak.

Altogether I spent maybe a couple of hours on this, probably less. & I have no food decisions to make the rest of the week.