You know you've put on weight when...

Options
Spin533
Spin533 Posts: 44 Member
edited May 2017 in Motivation and Support
Your relations do not recognize you at events.
The passport guy in airport where have you flown from.:(
The clothes you got altered when you lost weight not longer fit.
Oh and one actually could not believe my feet now swell on a night out and that was just a night sitting.I was v embarrassed by that

I think the biggest one is actually the feet swelling not the passport.

I was here before and lost weight and will do it again.

All my sisters are thin so I look a whale beside them.:(

Another family event in 5 wks.I'm not going to look like a heifer then:)

Anyone have any similar experiences?

Replies

• schewe1
    schewe1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Oh man, sounds like you have a great sense of humour. I have been consistently losing weight for a year now, and recently returned from a vacation and am ready to start again. I totally understand where you are coming from, I was the chubby girl in the family, then in my twenties I was very thin, and now in my mid 30s I can see how my body is changing, so I am ensuring to nip it in the bud before it goes haywire. I hope that you are doing well and keep your eye on your goals!
  • Spin533
    Options
    I guess that was supposed to be sarcastic.
    I am a bit down at the moment but I will get there hopefully with the help of helpful people :)
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Spin533 wrote: »
    I guess that was supposed to be sarcastic.
    I am a bit down at the moment but I will get there hopefully with the help of helpful people :)

Oh I totally understand how you're feeling right now!

I'd once previously managed to get down to where I am now (+/-80kg - currently 83kg). Then one day I woke up and realized I'd gained back the 20kg I'd lost plus 15kg extra. I guess I knew I was gaining weight (having my stomach battle the steering wheel was kind of a big hint), but somehow, I just ignored it.

Just take it one day at a time. You can do this. :smile:
  • Spin533
    Options
    Thanks for your kind words :)
    Yep totally my fault.Done it before. Can do it again :)
  • Spin533
    Options
    Thanks a mil.
    I can say for definitive this the biggest I've ever been.A couple of weeks ago sis got married and the after night I threw on a top and jeans.I seen the photo next day. I looked like a heifer beside my sisters:( I came home that same day and top binned never to be seen again.

My bro in law is a guard and could feel his eyes on me looking me up and down to my shoes. I went on put on socks then so he did not look at my feet. Next time I'll give him something to look at
  • Spin533
    Options
    He does it to everyone btw.
    My sis is married to him and she a size 6 and never compliments anyone when they look good.
    It's like she does not want anyone looking better than her.

I can do this. To feel good like I felt the last time.To have the will power to say no etc.
    To to be classes consistently.To see results weekly:)
  • schewe1
    schewe1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just remember to do this for yourself
  • Spin533
    Options
    Thanks. Definitely doing it for myself.
    That just was a horrible feeling being looked up and down and knowing it's true.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    just remember to give your body the rest it needs in between. If you're not used to it anymore, you risk burning out or injuring yourself. Neither of which will help you reach your goals. Just take it slow and increase over time until you hit the level of activity you're happy with.

You can do this! :smiley: :
  • frannieshack
    frannieshack Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can do this. Seems like I have lost the same 20 pounds over and over. Here we go again! My son is getting married in August, plenty of time, taking it slow, and one day at a time.
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When a coworker (man) makes a comment about you being pregnant... and you are not. Yes this really happened to me and sadly I wasn't even overweight at the time. It did make me question wearing certain outfits though, especially when I did put on 30lbs.

My turning point this winter was when I stepped on the scale and realized I weighed the same weight I did the day I gave birth to my oldest son 13.5 years ago. I was officially the same weight as a 9 month pregnant version of myself. That was a very depressing thought, but I could either sulk or do something about it. I decided to do something about it :)
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    stacief82 wrote: »
    When a coworker (man) makes a comment about you being pregnant... and you are not.

Yep, happened to me as well. The person in question was completely mortified when I said that I wasn't pregnant. I had to laugh it off as she was so upset but inside I wanted to find an (enormous) rock to hide under.

• stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When a coworker (man) makes a comment about you being pregnant... and you are not.

Yep, happened to me as well. The person in question was completely mortified when I said that I wasn't pregnant. I had to laugh it off as she was so upset but inside I wanted to find an (enormous) rock to hide under.

I have actually had it happen twice, but what can you do but laugh it off? I am young(ish) and female in a predominately male office- any time a young woman gains a few pounds everyone tends to jump to conclusions.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

I have actually had it happen twice, but what can you do but laugh it off? I am young(ish) and female in a predominately male office- any time a young woman gains a few pounds everyone tends to jump to conclusions.

Had a boss who was asked when she was due by a salesperson. She pretty much freaked on him for even asking (in a socially acceptable way). Embarrassed the hell out of the guy then confirmed she was pregnant. He did, however, learn the lesson.

No way would I bring the topic up even if I suspected. I'm not that stupid.
  • Spin533
    Options
    I actually went for a run instead. The sun was shining. Off to spin class tonight :) I know have to vary things as last year was running and did too much and ended up with sprained ankle!
  • Judikim118
    Judikim118 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You are quite funny with the post
    Keep laughing and hold your head up
    High. You got it in the bag!! Tell them who's laughing now when you get to your goal.

This is my experience
    You know you put on weight when
    -People you haven't seen in a while don't recognize you
    -takes forever to get ready for an event because looking for something that covers your flaws takes longer than the cute clothes hanging in your closet
    -your fat clothes becomes your skinny outfit (sad)
    -people that just met you comes to your residence and say wow you look nothing like your old pics
    -people think you are expecting
    -you avoid pics or you hide behind props (kids, purse)
    -all your yoga pants are worn out
    -you are still hanging onto your maternity clothes

• Spin533
    Options
    Another one.Sweating doing housework.Oh my god!
    Well at least it was some exercise☺
  • Spin533
    Options
    Another one.When your sis/ in laws are looking you up and down specifically at tummy area.Would love to wear a tee-shirt saying wud u like a photo or similar!!

Anyway in a few months they can stare all they want when I am happy and toned;)