What KEEPS you motivated?

Options
I have been on and off the diet wagon more times than I can count and I am tired of it. I would love to transition from "dieting" to "living a healthy lifestyle" but my tendency to be tired gets in my way. I work full time and during the fall and spring, I attend college full time...in addition to my 40 hour work week. I guess that I am looking to get into an exercise routine now considering I start college again in about a month. I know that if I wait until I start classes then I will feel immediately run down but I have started and stopped exercising a few times this summer already and I'm looking to get started again...but also to keep on going. The only time that really works for me to get in a good workout is 5:30 in the morning but getting up at 5 can be extremely hard, especially when I only get done with my classes at 9 at night. I have tried the 30 day shred,,,making it to day 9, and plan to put that into my routine again since it is a short, effective workout but I do miss my straight-up cardio on the elliptical and treadmill. If anyone has some insight on getting and STAYING motivated, I would REALLY appreciate it. I want this so badly, but the zombie that I am at 5am prefers to sleep instead of becoming healthy and strong. Input appreciated! Thanks again!!!

Replies

• LilianaGarciia
    LilianaGarciia Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    good luck with getting started again you can do it :D
    im not quite sure what keeps me motivated.. i think that eevryday that i plan to work out, i get numbers in my head (minutes to do certain exercises).. and once i have completed them i feel amazing :)
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I really want to look good, and feel good. Don't care how long it takes, I'm keeping at it till I get there. Then I'll maintain
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Seeing the change is what keeps me motivated. Buying a size four pair of jeans for the first time in my life was a huge step in the right direction. :)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Well, I feel awesome and I don't want to lose that feeling, also when in doubt I just turn around and inspect my cellulite . . . I want a nice smooth bum so badly.
  • charm13s
    charm13s Posts: 9
    Options
    Looking at pictures of myself keeps me motivated. The camera doesn't lie and when I saw myself I knew that I had to make a change. So because that was my initial catalyst to getting in shape I keep that picture in plain sight so that I know I CANT go back. Hope that helps!!
  • Fractalrene
    Options
    seeing change in the mirror is the best motivation. your body is in a constant evolution, for bad or for good.
    it is in your hands where you want to take the journey.