• MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    40% P/ 30% F/ 30% C
    weightlifting 3 times a week
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 35% carbs/35% fats/30% protein, and 1300 calories.

However, my goal is to get a minimum of 100 grams carbs, 100 grams protein and 50 grams fat regardless of macros. I walk and do cardio/strength training videos at home several times a week. The days I don't exercise, I work at a physically active job. I eat over my base calories by a couple hundred every day on purpose.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    My favorite macro is carb 100% of the time. Lol
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about percentages. I have raw numbers in grams for protein and fiber that I focus on (I have one for fat as well, but since I seldom fall short of that without planning for it, it's not something I focus on). So long as I hit the grams, I don't worry in the least about percentages.
  • lige00
    lige00 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about percentages. I have raw numbers in grams for protein and fiber that I focus on (I have one for fat as well, but since I seldom fall short of that without planning for it, it's not something I focus on). So long as I hit the grams, I don't worry in the least about percentages.

Ok and how do you decide the quantities in grams?
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I like to diet on 130 g of protein, 40g of fat, and the rest in carbs.
  • lige00
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »

How much is the rest? 200g 100g carbs or less, it depends on your activity imo
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't do percentages ether... I work out protein and fat grams and carbs make up the rest

Currently 150P, 50F
  • bbell1985
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lige00 wrote: »

It depends on my TDEE and how aggressive of a deficit I want. Protein and fat are about 880-900 calories, so carbs are around 100-150g.
  • sqwelchy_2007
    sqwelchy_2007 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm on 39 carbs 39 protein 22 fat. Struggling to get a solid meal plan sorted.
    Gym once a week for 2 hours and 1 hour everyday at home.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

I carb cycle so it depends on the day. It also depends on whether I'm trying to lose, maintain or gain and my calorie needs for those goals
  • lige00
    Options
    Low carbs for a strong deficit of course! But with a very Low carbs diet we have a strong catabolism of muscles...how do you manage this?
  • bbell1985
    Options
    Low carbs for a strong deficit of course! But with a very Low carbs diet we have a strong catabolism of muscles...how do you manage this?

We manage because it's false. You mean a diet with a large deficit? My TDEE is 1800, I also carb cycle as well with two higher days. I average 1500 for weight loss, therefore it is not a large deficit. .5lb loss per week.
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the percentages but:
    130g minimum protein
    100g maximum carbs
    75g fat (plus or minus 10g)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options

Low(er) carbs in a deficit, but because I make sure I get the protein and fat, so carbs are naturally lower. I dont purposefully pick lower carbs, or say I do low carb.

And low carbs doesn't necessarily mean large deficit. Eating sufficient protein and resistance training helps to maintain muscle as much as possible
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,008 Member
    Options

Ok and how do you decide the quantities in grams?

That's really going to depend on your goals. I go for a minimum of 21 g fiber/day and 50 g of fat/day; I'd rather be able to base my fat goal on meeting EFA requirements, but available nutritional information doesn't really allow for that. Given my typical food intake, 50 g of fat would seem to allow a comfortable margin for meeting EFA requirements. I base my protein on body weight -- 0.8 g of protein/kg of BW per day, which is the RDA, . In both cases I'm happy to get more, but if the end of the day arrives and I'm below those goals, I'll generally try to make up the deficit in a snack. There are people on MFP who argue strongly for much higher g/kg or g/lb goals, and there's nothing wrong with a higher goal. I have been subjected to extremely hostile comments in the past for mentioning the .8g/kg RDA, and I'm not interested in engaging with anyone who feels it is their mission to berate me on this subject.
  • lige00
    Options
    Great job guys! And what about cheat day??
  • livingleanlivingclean
    Options
    Great job guys! And what about cheat day??

I don't do cheat days. I have days of higher cals/carbs worked in to my deficit during weight loss phases that allow me to enjoy more "fun" foods that wouldn't normally fit. They don't make me deviate from my goals. Lower carb/cal days during the week balance the higher day.

I don't agree with attaching negative connotations to foods (good or bad, clean or dirty) or eating styles (cheating)
  • lige00
    Options
    Thanks for your Point, I'm agree. I never did cheat d. but maybe it could be easier, if you know that you can eat something forbidden! Anyone do cheat day?