Protein shakes

Options
I'm using a protein shake.....lean shake burn from GNC. Is this a good shake? I used to do shakeology but the cost got to be too much!

Replies

• Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    good for what? for getting protein - sure. nothing magical about it beyond that.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's powdered food, nothing more nothing less.
  • amjmortensen48
    amjmortensen48 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I just need something quick for the morning and that seems to for. Or should I do something else?
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking premier protein the past couple months for a protein boost. At 30 grams of protein a serving, I think it helps and only 160 calories and 1 gram of sugar so nothing to lose except money. But I'm an old lady who needs the protein and considers it a good investment.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    If you like it then it should be ok. I use the premade premier protein shakes as well. But that is just my preference due to taste.
  • MrsSeager
    MrsSeager Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm using a protein shake.....lean shake burn from GNC. Is this a good shake? I used to do shakeology but the cost got to be too much!

I drink the GNC Lean 25, there's a little more flavor variety. I drink them in the morning because they are so convenient. I mix them with unsweetened almond milk, super good!
  • Jriggs46615
    Jriggs46615 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe for making your own protein powder online. It's much cheaper, and you can add whatever you want to it to boost the protein. Plus, it's super simple: 3 cups non-fat powdered milk, 1 cup dry oats, 1 cup raw almonds. Blend it all up. A serving is 1/2c. You can add greek yogurt, a sweetner, gound flax, whatever. You can easily get 30+ grams of protein, pretty much the same as the store bought stuff, and you control the ingredients.
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I started drinking nature's bounty optimal solutions shakes about two months ago and I'm really happy with them.