Everything is bigger in Texas..... Who's from Tx??

Options

Replies

• smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Fort Worth!!!
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Born in Arlington but raised in the mid-west since I was about 6. I may not have grew up in Texas, but I am Texan at heart and that is all that counts....
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Fort Worth!!!

Born and raised in Fort Worth! love it

P.S. i want to punch people in the face for calling it Funky Town! Its Fort Worth or Cowtown!
  • coolcatcan
    coolcatcan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    PLANO!!!!
  • boomboom011
    Options
    San Antonio, Texas --- one of the fattest cities in the USA :smile:

Very true. Thus proving the "Everything's bigger..." HAHA!

It's all the yummy REAL Mexican food. :laugh:

EWWWW - I can't imagine living in a place without Mexican food......

so far, all I can find here in FW is TEXMEX. Ugh. I WANT THE GOOD STUFF.

What! You need to check out some places in North Side. Chuy's (not the chain) and there are some awesome taquerrias too! Have you ever been to Esperanza's? Love their breakfast. Dos Molinas is good.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I was born in Katy... lived there until I was 5. Visited every summer... now I have permanent residence in Iowa:)

I miss Texas A LOT though. I'd love to go back and live in Austin or San Antonio.
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    San Antonio, Texas --- one of the fattest cities in the USA :smile:

Very true. Thus proving the "Everything's bigger..." HAHA!

It's all the yummy REAL Mexican food. :laugh:

EWWWW - I can't imagine living in a place without Mexican food......

so far, all I can find here in FW is TEXMEX. Ugh. I WANT THE GOOD STUFF.

What! You need to check out some places in North Side. Chuy's (not the chain) and there are some awesome taquerrias too! Have you ever been to Esperanza's? Love their breakfast. Dos Molinas is good.

Well it's you I need to talk to then. Everyone referes me to these "Awesome Mexican Places"...then I get to them, or look them up and they are ALL TEX MEX.

I miss San Antonio and my ability to have REAL Mexican food on every corner.

:laugh:
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Just moved from San Antonio to San Francisco about 8 months ago and I MISS BREAKFAST TACOS!!!!

Any time I mention them people think I am crazy, or offer a burrito which is not the same.

Bring me some Carne Guisada PLEASE!
  • sambustem
    sambustem Posts: 83
    Options
    PEARLAND!!!! (just s. of Houston)

As far as the mexican food goes - gotta have it AT LEAST once a week!! I love Tex-Mex though :) I work with several hispanics and I've had the "real" mexican food - good and there are LOTS of them in SE Houston - Edgebrook, Airport, Hwy 3, Monroe, Telephone Rd area!!
  • apmemo
    apmemo Posts: 43
    Options
    I live in Euless (between Dallas and Fort Worth), but I'm from New Mexico where the Mexican food is even better!
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    PEARLAND!!!! (just s. of Houston)

As far as the mexican food goes - gotta have it AT LEAST once a week!! I love Tex-Mex though :) I work with several hispanics and I've had the "real" mexican food - good and there are LOTS of them in SE Houston - Edgebrook, Airport, Hwy 3, Monroe, Telephone Rd area!!

Really? Where?
  • Mdbondurant
    Mdbondurant Posts: 104
    Options
    You guys are making me hungry.... Oh - wait - it's lunch time.... I am allowed.....

no mexican or tex mex for me tho...:noway:

doesn't help the large behind I am on my way to losing.....:glasses:

Anyone in the NW Austin area? Anyone been to Marble Falls?
  • boomboom011
    Options
    San Antonio has some of the best around though! Best damn tamales i ever had were from a little dive out there. I have an aunt and uncle that live there and though my uncle is so damn annoying he always brings tamales and its worth being annoyed by him just to have those tamales to eat!

SHOUT OUT TO SOME BARBACOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    west Texan here - moving to DFW this week! woot woot!
  • boomboom011
    Options
    west Texan here - moving to DFW this week! woot woot!

welcome to DFW!
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    Currently living in Coldspring (near Lake Livingston), work in Kingwood, grew up in Cypress.
  • Mdbondurant
    Mdbondurant Posts: 104
    Options
    Currently living in Coldspring (near Lake Livingston), work in Kingwood, grew up in Cypress.

COOL a neighbor! :wink:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Originally from East Texas, went to college in Austin, lived in Houston for a few years after graduation, now back in Austin. Love the Texas Hill Country.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Austin, TX right here!
  • jdm0804
    jdm0804 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I moved to Wichita Falls when I was 1 year old and grew up there. Then I went to Plainview (Between Lubbock and Amarillo) for college, and now I'm in Denton for grad school. It's great seeing so many people from this state!