Wii or Kinect for Zumba?

Options
Thinking about getting Zumba and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations between the two gaming systems? I have both systems and really want to try Zumba out but the reviews I've read are really split, I hope some of you can help out on what you like better.
Cheers!!

Replies

• TiffieLovex3
    TiffieLovex3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Maybe the kinect.That way you don't have to worry about the Wii remote getting in your way :)
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I have it for the Wii & I love it! It comes with a waist strap for holding the remote, too. Maybe you could see if you could rent each one & see which you like better?
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba - Kinect and sheesh it's a hard workout lol! I really like it :)
  • zumba_gal
    zumba_gal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have it on Kinect and I love it cause it has no controls to worry about... But i hear there putting out a new zumba game out and the wii gets it first...
  • Heatherfl05
    Options
    I have Zumba Kinect and LOVE it! I also have the wii but I perfer the kinect. It is alot more fun and easier to stick to as far as a workout program.
  • Bpayton
    Bpayton Posts: 5
    Options
    I have it for the Wii and of course I love it but I think the Kinect would be a better workout because the camera reads all of your body movement where as the Wii only reads how your hips move... I would say go for Kinect..
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The kinect is much better, on Wii if you are moving your arm the right way you can get away with not doing anything..The kinect can actually see your movements.
  • ninestoneagain
    Options
    I've got Wii Zumba - great workout, but the belt that holds the wii remote does tend to slip down/up alot and it gets a bit annoying. I tend to just put it in my pocket instead and it seems to do the trick!
  • Cetti1103
    Cetti1103 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have it for the Wii and its great. The remote goes into a belt that comes with the game and honestly just following the moves makes you sweat whether you're hitting the marks or not, but nothing beats a real class. Go to zumba.com and go to the find a class section, type in your zip code and try one. There is never any judgment. The energy a real class brings can't be beat. If you're shy, just stand in the back.
  • clydeisme
    clydeisme Posts: 49
    Options
    Thank you all for your help!!
    Cheers!
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I have it on kinect, i think it would be easier because you don't have to worry about remotes. with the kinect and x box live you can connect with live zumba classes.