Morning noon or evening

Options
Angall08
Angall08 Posts: 148 Member
Do you do your exercising of a morning such as taking a nice jog?. Do you exercise around noon after lunch or taking a nice nap?. (Most people can't exercise around noon because of job). Or do you exercise in the evening after eating a good meal.?

Or do you just do things thoroughly through the day?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I exercise when I have time. I work in the mornings so afternoon/evening on those days, but on my days off I try to get it in early.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I exercise when I feel like it (my job is very flexible and allows for that). I have noticed I do better exercising in the morning up until noon. It feels harder for me to sustain effort in the evening for some reason, the same effort I breeze through in the morning. It's weird. Probably because that's usually the time I like to unwind, so it's mentally harder. I don't like afternoon exercise because it gets too hot in the summer and makes me too cold in the winter.

The only exception would be bouts of short higher intensity stuff. I used to do that in the evening because doing them in the morning caused me to be much hungrier throughout the day, so doing them in the evening meant I was hungry for a shorter period of time. I have since stopped doing these altogether because I didn't feel they added much for me and the hunger was a hassle I could do without.

It's all about preference, really.
  • Anjeeb23
    Anjeeb23 Posts: 13 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I find I'm more energized and motivated in the morning. However, if I can't fit it in first thing in the morning, I'll workout after work.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I, too, vary when it comes to exercise time. Right now I lift on Sunday afternoon, Tuesday evening, Thursday morning and evening, and then sometimes throw in something on Friday or Saturday morning. I run on Saturday afternoon, Monday early evening, and I walk at various times throughout the week.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Do you do your exercising of a morning such as taking a nice jog?. Do you exercise around noon after lunch or taking a nice nap?. (Most people can't exercise around noon because of job). Or do you exercise in the evening after eating a good meal.?

That last one.

I walk as part of my commute.
    I walk at lunch on my break from work.
    I walk between work and university on certain days of the week.
    I walk or cycle or go to the gym after work but before dinner with my husband.
    And I exercise a lot on the weekend.

BTW - nap? I only nap when I'm really not feeling well, and then there's not much in the way of exercise going on.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    When I'm done with work on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. And Saturday morning while my boyfriend is at work.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I nap every time I get a chance, which is not as often as I'd like. I try to take a nap on Sunday though.
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Whenever I can. I work weird hours (some mornings, some nights) so I either work out in the morning before work, in the evening after work, or in the afternoon on my days off
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options

Throughout the day, to compensate for my relatively sedentary job. The short bursts of activity are stimulating. I use a reminder app to get my butt moving every 2 hours. :+1:
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I work out when I can. On days off, I do it after breakfast and water. When I'm working, I have to motivate and push myself to workout before I go to bed.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Morning before eating, noon before lunch, afternoon before dinner. Whatever works for you...
  • seachelle76
    seachelle76 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters as long as you do it. With me it varies. My schedule is never the same week to week. I work night shift (12 hours). If I'm super tired when I get home, I don't work out before going to bed (in the am). If I still have energy, I just go ahead and do it when I get home. Otherwise, I set my alarm and get up around four in the afternoon to work out before going to work.
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I exercise immediately after work and before dinner
  • NEMom80
    NEMom80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I workout before a meal. I can do it in the morning or afternoon but always before I eat. I do try to have a small snack on the way to the gym but I can't do much on a full stomach.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day... Weekdays I got to the gym at 5AM. Weekends I go to the gym towards the evening.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options

Mostly all day round really
    In the morning a wake up routine (Yoga, weights abs routine) Most days I then walk to work (50 minutes) I find if I do higher aria in the morning I am not in a good way the rest of the day. So from midday onwards I am able to get into the big move. In the late afternoon, I'll do my big exercises, preferably before 20.00 Always before dinner.
  • Misssynth
    Misssynth Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I prefer to run in the mornings. So I'll run 3 mornings a week and go to the gym one morning, but both my spin class and swimming sessions are in the evening. I only swim after dinner though, I don't think I could run or spin after a meal!