Overweight after went 8days on a tour to Uzbekistane

Options
I just came back from a tour and the package gave me a very large portion on each meal. Since I already pay it, why not? And the food were so amazing in Uzbekistan. After 8 days of trips, I gained extra 4kg - which are 2kg above my normal BMI. Currently struggling to reach my normal weight back.

I am targeting to loose 2kg in a week , does it possible ? I was 59kg earlier and now I am 61.8kg ...

In order to feel good , I want to loose weight again and looking for exercise / diet buddy to support my dreams .

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you just resume your normal routine you will likely lose the weight with little to no effort. It's normal to have water retention after a vacation where you ate more sodium/carbs than usual. I'm usually up 4-5 pounds and lose it within days in those situations.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    A 2 kilo per week loss is incredibly fast and not healthy for someone who doesn't have much weight to lose. Aim for half a pound (200-250 grams) loss per week. Usually 1 kilo per week is for those that have at least 34 kilos (75lbs) to lose. 2 kilos a week isn't even recommended unless one has at least 70 kilos to lose, and even then that is too much.

You gained water weight, mostly. Just eat normally and drink water. No need to stress out.
  • Scandinavianblonde00
    Scandinavianblonde00 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A 2 kilo per week loss is incredibly fast and not healthy for someone who doesn't have much weight to lose. Aim for half a pound (200-250 grams) loss per week. Usually 1 kilo per week is for those that have at least 34 kilos (75lbs) to lose. 2 kilos a week isn't even recommended unless one has at least 70 kilos to lose, and even then that is too much.

You gained water weight, mostly. Just eat normally and drink water. No need to stress out.

This doesn't make sense. She " gained" it in 8 days so she should be able to lose it in the same time frame or less. Whenever I have "gained" 2-5 lb from eating a ton one day it is always gone within 1-2 days for me. So I know you're wrong

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

This doesn't make sense. She " gained" it in 8 days so she should be able to lose it in the same time frame or less. Whenever I have "gained" 2-5 lb from eating a ton one day it is always gone within 1-2 days for me. So I know you're wrong

cerise_noir is referring to eating in a deficit with the goal to lose 2 kg per week. If somebody says "I'm targeting to lose X pounds per week" they generally are trying to create a deficit large enough to meet that goal and aren't talking about losing simple water weight, which is all the OP needs to be patient for and wait to happen.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

I doubt that the OP ate 30000 cal over her maintenance (which is what 4kg of weight gain is roughly equal to) - its probably mostly water weight etc
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    If you just resume your normal routine you will likely lose the weight with little to no effort. It's normal to have water retention after a vacation where you ate more sodium/carbs than usual. I'm usually up 4-5 pounds and lose it within days in those situations.

Also airplane bloat...I can pretty much put on a good 5-8 Lbs getting on and stepping off a plane.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

OP is targeting a 2 kg per week loss. That comes out to a deficit of about 2200 Cals per day. Which essentially means not eating anything. That, as mentioned, is not healthy.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Uh. No. You misunderstood.

OP is trying to create a deficit to lose at least 4lbs a week which is unsafe and unnecessary as she's not aware that most of that weight is indeed water weight (I highly doubt OP ate 28,000 calories over her weekly maintenance).

MFP won't allow more than 1-ish kilo (2lb) deficit per week. Creating a large deficit to offset a water weight gain is unnecessary as water weight will fall off with the ingestion of adequate water and a little time. There is no way OP gained 4 kilos of fat in 8 days.

Water weight gained will drop with a modest deficit. Read the OP.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Because you don't actually put on fat overeating for one day...it's gone in 1-2 days because it's water weight and more inherent waste in your system...which is also likely the case for the OP which is why it has been suggested to just go back to the normal routine.
  • shoofly435
    shoofly435 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a nice trip how was it?!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I traveled to the Soviet Union for about three weeks once. I gained about 10 pounds.
    My group was official guests of the government and they rolled out the red carpet. That meant there were heaping plates, with MEAT, at every meal.
    We knew that, in the Soviet Union, in those days, people didn't see meat but once or twice a week in their homes. So we finished every bite to not offend our hosts.
    There were endless meetings. We did not even have time to walk!
    I am the type who finds it really hard to gain weight. So I came home and I essentially did not eat for about two weeks.
    I am going to guess I that I had not returned to my pre-trip weight in those two weeks. But I was close enough in that short amount of time that I no longer felt too bad. But, as I said, I almost did not eat at all -- one meal a day -- and I run a lot.
    I'd love to see Uzbekistan.
  • tigerblood6
    tigerblood6 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey you all,

Thanks for the reply ❤️
    I was looking foward to check my community reply this morning.

I noticed i gained 4kg because the tour guide provide me
    i ) breakfast - hotel buffet
    ii ) morning snack - tea/coffee & sweet stuff
    iii ) lunch - 2 appetizer / 1 salad / 1 soup / 1 maindish which are kebab, rice, potatoes & meat / 1 dessert
    iv ) dinner - 2 appetizer / 1 salad / 1 soup / 1 maindish which are kebab, rice, potatoes & meat / 1 dessert

Uzbek food are mostly meaty and greasy - they use a lot of olive oil, almond oil, cotton oil etc ...
    Also dressing on salad are kinda bad .

I was always full in my life (during the 8days) even until it was the next meal. I eat until I burp for few times for each email (which is not good at all) - and I usually don't do it when I am in my hometown. My asian body consumption are too small for the soviet people meal portion , I guess ? This is what I call as the excessive eating. During the tour , I walk average steps which is above 10k steps - 12k steps per day which doesnt cover up my food consumption. (Hope my iphone steps are accurate)

Currently I never stop to go the gym after I got back. I plan to burn more than 1000calories per day. Which I need to be attending gym 2 times per day - in the morning and evening. I will spend each session 65 minutes on the elliptical and burn 500calories. Im gonna focus on cardio and also a bit of weightlifting on the side . I cut white rice so my tummy will be lighter during exercise . I took a lot of fibre in the morning for easy digestion .

Man, I never regret eating that much in my life- but the food were awesome there . @GiddyupTim I would suggest if you want to go there for food heaven is recommended .
    @shoofly12_2 the food and tour were awesome - I need to pay back in the gym after I got back
    @cerise_noir & @jemhh i wont be eating normal at least for 2 months and cutting out the carbs and extra exercise. My aim is 57kg which are my normal weight before i went on the tour group
    @deannalfisher I was 57kg - 59kg earlier and currently weight ~61.5kg . Well 4kg are include the water retention
    @cwolfman13 thanks for the tips. I dont know jumping from the airplane can increase the weight .
    @Scandinavianblonde00 I will be focusing on loosing 2kg on a week . Its not possible to loose 4kg per a week, isnt it ? Well thats what they say, eating are good for 5minutes but you need to work out for at least .... :)

Cheers

Thanks again