Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Advocare products with anxiety and metformin

Options
ajtrelo
ajtrelo Posts: 1 Member
I did the 24 day challenge and had results. I also take prozac daily for anxiety. Has anyone tried Clear Mood Advocare product and had results? I would like to ween off the prozac to help with the weight management. Also, I was told to start taking metformin for PCOS. I have not been taking it. Do you think i could take just Advocare products instead of so many meds?

Replies

• Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Metformin will help with the weight loss long term. Agree that you shouldn't ignore your doctor's advice. Most of this type of stuff doesn't work long term.
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Snake oil or medicine? Difficult choice. Metformin is awesome... currently being investigated for its life-extension effects even in healthy people.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    look up the side effects of the ingredients and then do a search for drug interactions with those ingredients and your meds.I can guarantee its not something you want to mix with meds or even without the meds.
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Nope!
  • ksz1104
    ksz1104 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I've been taking metformin since July for diabetes and within 2 months of taking it my cholesterol went down 50 points. I'd take it if I were you..
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,735 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I've not tried anything from Advocare but I can tell you this - insurance will cover at least part of the cost of the medicine prescribed by your doctor. They will not cover the pricey Advocare stuff. ;)

I've been on Metformin for several years for PCOS. My last refill I paid $10 for 90 days of medicine. I'm not sure you can find an Advocare product for the same price per day, much less that does the same thing.

I'd advise trusting your doctor over a MLM whose goal is not health but profit.