Looking for someone to keep me motivated :)

Options
I always do so well for the first couple of weeks and then fall off the bandwagon big time (chocolate is a real addiction for me). Would love some online myfitnesspals to help hold me accountable! I have a holiday and my sisters wedding coming up! :)

Replies

• Rose_50
    Rose_50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am the exact same way. I need to lose 12 pounds. I always hit 3 or 4 and bounce right back. It's annoying!
  • 44eab44
    44eab44 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm the same would love some online support!! Are you following a diet plan or how are you trying to lose weight?
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Added. I have a holiday in 3 weeks and get married in 10 weeks. Want to lose another 7lb before I get married x
  • Laraluvv2010
    Laraluvv2010 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I would love a support buddy! I'm new to this
  • Dany2617
    Dany2617 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I need the support too! Feel free to add me!
  • katalisp
    katalisp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Looks like we're all in this together. Starting back into getting in shape after 10 years of almost nothing. Used to be in shape when I was younger until the kids came along. Been at it for a couple of months now. Slowly adding more time at the gym and more commitment but it still feels like a drag when I'm there. Keep falling off the calorie count at night too.

As for chocoholics, I'm right there with you Zozzle! I have found that when I crave chocolate, if I take more magnesium that helps. Lots of mag in chocolate so I think the combo of the oxytocin that feels good and the mag make come back for more. Not sure if that will help you but, maybe so.

Anyone have some good quick breakfast ideas. Found if I leave breakfast too long I end up eating my way through the day, cookie in the break room etc.. Really don't like cold thing for b-fast, so smoothies are out until it warm up outside.

• 44eab44
    Options
    @katalisp @Zozzle91 I can't seem to work out how to add people so add me! I am a fellow chocolaye addict as you'll see form my diary - it is my seriiiiiious weakness !
  • 44eab44
    Options
    @katalisp does magnesium really help? I might have to try that... If I don't eat chocolate for a while I'm fine but once I start I crave it so badly every day. Especially after meal times. I am in such a bad habit of needing something sweet after every meal
  • cmjlavallee
    cmjlavallee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm in the same boat. I need to lose like 10 lbs and this is the same 10 lbs I've needed to lose over the last 2-3 years since turning 40. I'll do good for a bit then put it right back on. I need to stay focused. I've been working out so that's not the issue, its the eating and drinking on the weekends. Kills me every time. Would love to keep checking in on this thread! Started tracking again today and going to keep the alcohol zero this week!!
  • Little_Joe_71
    Little_Joe_71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello All, I can relate to this discussion. I have gained 50 lbs. since starting school and could use some friends to help me get back on track and stay motivated.
  • damdam96
    damdam96 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So this is my first post but I've been on MFP for a while and could use some friends who are in this too! I have my sister's wedding end of Summer and I really want to look good for it. Also want to be fitter. Please feel free to add me!! We can do this together
  • lindafit4life21
    lindafit4life21 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone feel free to add me to your friends list
  • leahisnotmyname
    leahisnotmyname Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Zozzle91 wrote: »
    I always do so well for the first couple of weeks and then fall off the bandwagon big time (chocolate is a real addiction for me). Would love some online myfitnesspals to help hold me accountable! I have a holiday and my sisters wedding coming up! :)

I can relate when it comes to being a chocoholic! I'm sending you a friend request!

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm in the same boat. I need to lose like 10 lbs and this is the same 10 lbs I've needed to lose over the last 2-3 years since turning 40. I'll do good for a bit then put it right back on. I need to stay focused. I've been working out so that's not the issue, its the eating and drinking on the weekends. Kills me every time. Would love to keep checking in on this thread! Started tracking again today and going to keep the alcohol zero this week!!

I don't drink toooo much, this weekend 2 drinks both Friday and Saturday which I accounted for calorie-wise and it worked out well. Logged a little loss today. ButI would like to be more strict by avoiding the drinking during the weekdays. Sometimes I have a glass of wine prepping dinner but when it turns to two glasses I regret it - and that's the tricky thing w alcohol!

Anyone feel free to add me as a friend. I'm down 5 lbs with 9-10 to go! Slow & steady...
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    44eab44 wrote: »
    @katalisp @Zozzle91 I can't seem to work out how to add people so add me! I am a fellow chocolaye addict as you'll see form my diary - it is my seriiiiiious weakness !

I can't figure out how to add people either!
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    44eab44 wrote: »

I can't figure out how to add people either!

I'm using the Android app and to add friends I usually click the person's profile twice to get the option of adding.
  • tjeason
    tjeason Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated. I have been trying to lose 10 pounds in what seems like forever! Really could use support and motivation. I am 55 and gained the 10 around the 50 mark and just can't seem to get rid of it!!