Smoked Beer Can Burger Sliders (mini beer can burgers) - only 250 calories each - with pics

Options
Tweaking_Time
Tweaking_Time Posts: 733 Member
We had a pot-luck party Saturday and I made 14 Beer Can Burger (BCB) sliders. They went so fast that I never even got to sample a bite of one. So I made them again on Sunday B)

I started with 1 pound of 80/20 Ground Chuck
Oscar Mayer Center Cut Bacon
My wife's fave spinach/artichoke dip
and for me, diced jalapeno's and mozzarella cheese topped with diced jalapeno's

I found that 2.3 oz. of burger is about a perfect fit for one slice of Oscar Mayer Center Cut Bacon...and, coincidentally, it makes exactly 7 BCB-sliders per pound.

cegvmo2ow9xx.jpg

I pressed the burger balls a little flat, wrapped them with bacon, and then molded the "bowl" using the bacon as the outer form. It worked way better than trying to make the tiny burger bowl by hand and then wrapping the bacon. I had to use a bigger paper plate when I formed the bowls. It was also easier to use the paper plate as the bottom form. Making 7 BCB "bowls" took about 5 minutes.

aufhp5wtg8ze.jpg

Time for the stuffing to be added...BE CREATIVE!

p7daoz13ml9z.jpg

Then pop them into the smoker for about 50-60 minutes at 275F. I used mesquite A-MAZE-N pellets and my AMNPS. Each BCB-Slider is 3 or 4 bites, like a big meatball, but way WAY better. Fully loaded and smoked each one is about 250 calories each

ddjg10aaxccc.jpg

BCB-Sliders are much easier than making smoked mini-fatties or smoked fatties by a long shot and are now my new go-to for tailgates and pot-lucks.

Replies