Gary Taubes haters and lovers. Fire away.

Options
brantlyv
brantlyv Posts: 5 Member
Want to get a convo started. Thoughts on LCHF etc.

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    LCHF isn't a good fit for me, but it works well for a lot of people and I think everyone should play around and find what works best for them.

All that said, I'm not a fan of Taubes.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
  • brantlyv
    brantlyv Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wanted to keep the convo going in a more appropriate forum.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    LCHF isn't a good fit for me, but it works well for a lot of people and I think everyone should play around and find what works best for them.

Mirrors what I was going to say!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

Yup, I think it's important to note that the pushback on Taubes is not necessarily a pushback on LCHF. He goes way further than advocating a LCHF way of eating.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    LCHF - not for me thanks, doesn't suit my food preferences or needs. A valid dietary choice for some people.

Taubes not for me. Not a valid choice for information on nutrition for anyone.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Honestly, Taubes (and Fung) bother me less than their zealots. Most of what I have heard directly from those two is aimed only at people with true metabolic disorders (mostly T2D), and they often state as much. However, their fanbase tends to try and extrapolate this onto everyone.

The same thing happened with Robb Wolf, until he finally came out and directly said that if you're running low-carb while trying to perform high intensity training, you're gimping the *kitten* out of yourself. The backlash from the low-carb paleo zealots was hilarious, and he appeared to enjoy mocking them for it.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Oh, I guess I posted my thoughts in the wrong Taubes thread. Why are there two?

OP, you can ask to have whichever one you like best brought into Debate, which is probably the best forum here for it.