Saxenda

Options
Hi! I am on day 6 of Saxenda. I'm hoping for the best! I have been eating better, have less appetite already, have not had any cravings, and have mild and welcomed nausea. I'm a huge coffee drinker and find it hard to drink as much of it now. In the past week I have lost 8lbs. I'm lucky because my insurance covered the medication. I still had a $200 co-pay, but I called the manufacturer and they sent me a discount card, now I will only pay $30 per month for the next 12 months! You can't be on a state sponsored health care plan though. Hope this helps someone.

Replies

• chitchatcatt
    chitchatcatt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm on Day 10 of Saxenda and I've lost 6 lbs. I had a craving for a burger and fries last Thursday and got it and ate half of everything and threw the other half away; that is really the only craving I've had. I know I could have lost more than my 6 lbs, but I'm a big foodie and have had special dinners and dates planned, as well as the social drinking that comes with it. I haven't moved to my full 1.2mg dose for week 2 yet, I've just moved up a few clicks from .6mg, which is more of a "loading dose" anyway. I do find that my appetite is curbed significantly, to the point that my bf questions why I'm eating so little. I have little to no side effects. I did get an anti-nausea med, which I've taken as a preventive measure when increasing my dose the last two days, as well as switching to morning dosing from the night dosing that I did for the first week. I have BCBS NC and after a month of having to "fail" on another med, I was finally approved for Saxenda. I pay an $80 co pay and the discount card by the manufacturer saves me another $50. Out of pocket is $30 per month for me.