For the ladies

Options
So, it is my TOM and I'm supposed to weigh tomorrow. I am bloated beyond belief and I know the scale is going to show a gain. Do I skip the weigh-in this week to get a more accurate number, or do I weigh tomorrow and know that the gain isn't real??? Just wondering...thanks!

Replies

• MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I always skip my weigh in when it falls during my TOTM.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Weigh tomorrow and jut accept that it's TOM and will be heavier. It helps to track them.
  • HannahPastoor
    Options
    Its up to you. Just don't take the number seriously.
  • abg0220
    abg0220 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh but don't record it and then record the weigh in the following week. Keeps me motivated but not discouraged. I'm sure it's psychological!!
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I weigh, it helps to keep an eye on these things :)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Its up to you.
    What I was gonna say...
    I used to not weigh myself during that time. But now I do.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I still WI and record it. I make a note that it was TOM and move on. I know the following week will show a loss... If I don't over indulge during my TOM.
  • kvmuddle
    kvmuddle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh in that week either. No need for discouragement and it's not accurate anyway. Stupid TOM ;)
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I don't log my TOM weight, but I like to track it. This month I was able to maintain throughout it so I was happy!!!!! No loss no gain!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The weight you gain from TOM is not fat, so if you weigh yourself, you have to really be mentally able to accept that you did not gain fat. And that is very hard to do!!! So I tend to wait until after that time passes just to make sure that my brain won't try to tell me something that I know isn't right.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I weigh in - and sometimes I lose too. I don't log small gains.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those who weighs myself every day, but I don't record every week, probably more like every other week. During TOM, I know it's just water weight and figure it'll come back down in a day or two and it always does.
  • bkweibel
    bkweibel Posts: 77
    Options
    Thanks. I appreciate all the feed back. I don't think I'm going to weigh. After I've been at this healthy lifestyle a longer time, I may, but right now, I think I will give my brain and my hope a break. LOL
  • Geekychickz
    Geekychickz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I continued to weigh myself during my TOM because I know for myself that mental "break" gives me too much permission to be bad. Instead I try to see how healthy I can continue to be. I'm bad enough as it normally is!
  • demonNIИ
    demonNIИ Posts: 187
    Options
    This is gonna sound kooky but get this ladies..... my weight drops a week or a few days before it starts. Then drops a wee bit more during it. Then goes back up 3-4 lbs after it's over and done...I call it my "magic" week when it starts to plummet then I know in a few days I'll get "it" and slow down then go up... It's so strange