I fell off the wagon today....I need support

Options
Well,
I ate half a pizza and had 6 drinks tonight...Please send some motivation my way, folks! Thanks!

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Log it, move on, and don't freak out if you have some water retention ;)
  • csandersontscc
    csandersontscc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Don't worry..we are all human...we are not perfect..don't beat yourself up..it will only increase your tendency to overeat..just put it behind you and move forward..u will triumph!!
  • beanfacekilla
    beanfacekilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It's whatever. Don't worry about it. Just keep moving forward. It's already history.

Just focus on making good choices as often as you can. You aren't going to gain weight from one bad meal/evening.

:)
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Well hi stranger :) Just log it all and move on. Food is food, one day of going over your calories isn't going to affect you! Drink more water to counter the sodium intake today.

I hope you enjoyed your pizza :)
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, it will give your metabolism a nice jolt and will help in the long run. If nothing else you probably won't have pizza for a couple of weeks! Log it and move on. Maybe treat yourself to an extra exercise class this week ;-)
  • amc2509
    amc2509 Posts: 219 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Log it, move on, and don't freak out if you have some water retention ;)

^^ This... especially the don't freak out bit... I've noticed recently that following a weekend where I've been out and had drinks or some pizza my weight jump up about 3-4 lb for a few days and then goes back down again... just water retention and the overall trend is downwards. I know that I'm never going to be that super healthy person who will enjoy sparkling water on a night out with a twist of cucumber! So I try and bank some extra during the week if I know I will be going out and I get right back on track the next day... but I still always log EVERYTHING!
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Well, it's not like you ate the WHOLE pizza :)

Been there, done that, and done it again. It's a great motivator to keep it together now for the rest of the week.
  • Madsocks
    Madsocks Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon myself recently, but trying to get back on it in a big way this week. Now that our family has gone from 3 to 4 with the birth of our baby son 7 weeks ago, I'm finding it more and more difficult to go the gym, but I'm going to make a proper go of it. Still doing parkrun and going to do the 30 day challenges as well, so hopefully this will help shift the weight I've put on recently. :-( After I did my bootcamp and my bout of glandular fever, I got down to 16st 9lb and that was 12 months ago, now I'm back up to 18st 8lb and I'm so angry and frustrated with myself, not to mention upset. I'm asked to sign back up to bootcamp so hopefully I will get accepted, but if not, I'm going to have to try and do it myself, but with a lack of motivation and willpower, I feel like I'm going to struggle big time. Really need help :-(
  • zgdijeta
    zgdijeta Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Just log it and continue as if nothing happens. It is important to understand that this is not the end of the world. It is all in numbers. Just count the numbers and move toward your goal.
  • Ianhood82
    Ianhood82 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    As others have said, don't freak out. My ONLY rule is to be honest with myself. I log everything!!

I have had bad days, bad bank holidays and bad weeks!

I find, it is easier for me to over eat, once I have over eaten.. i.e. A pizza on a Friday night with a few beers can lead to a chocolate, crisp and other bad choices on Saturday. As long as you avoid the slippery slope, put a line under it and strive to do better, you will succeed. Never lose the motivation to track though. If you track what you are eating then you have the key to weight control.

Damn I put on 3lb.. That wedding rocked... Point taken, onto next week :) (week later... sweet it was mainly water retention!!! Yay)
  • helenrenee007
    helenrenee007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get you down! We all have our moments, get back on track today. You got this girlfriend :)
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    yummm.... pizzzzzzzzzzzzza! yummm.... alcohol!

qd3kscjvkc7p.jpg

Picture Ref: http://www.101wkqx.com/2016/05/16/homer-simpson-picks-chicago-deep-dish-pizza-over-new-york/
  • zeldacathipawad
    zeldacathipawad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed! Thanks everybody! I'm off for a nice long walk with the dogs... :)