Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fatties in their 40's

Looking for friends for inspiration. Need all the help i can get thankyou :)

Replies

• Carolsue73
    Carolsue73 Posts: 3 Member
    We can definately do this. These 40s are a pain, but we gotta beat them before the 5-0!!
  • vee692014
    vee692014 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi just started this week in most definitely in this category lol
    So here goes my name is Veena I'm 48 and about 3.7 stone overweight with quite a young family to contend with and work not so bad (self employed )
    But struggling already day 3 (not so great)
    Admittedly my birthday yesturday and did indulge in chocolate but not ridiculously
    Anyway would be nice to have some support
    Thanks
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    I have been on MFP for quite a few years. recently "restarted" and most of my friends are dormant. I refuse to go into 50 like this. Anyone feel free to add me. I try to be as motivating as possible!
  • k_e_l
    k_e_l Posts: 44 Member
    I'm a 40 yr old fatty! I need motivation too. Add me if you'd like
  • 1878Stez1878
    1878Stez1878 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm 43. I've been losing weight for the past 18 months. I was admittedly almost 20 stone after health issues. I have now lost 9 stone, but stuck now & the weight loss only seems to be slowly coming off :-(
  • Memerex5
    Memerex5 Posts: 55 Member
    Hi. I'm Lisa, age 47 and need to lose 60lbs. My starting weight yesterday was 218. I have several health ailments that make it hard to move but I'm not giving up this time!
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    44 and 500 days into my weight loss
  • darkeststar6373
    darkeststar6373 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi I just turned 50 but I'm pretty sure I remember my 40s - I am new here and definitely want to lose weight. I have been stuck at this weight for several months. I'm digging in determined to get the ball rolling again.
  • darkeststar6373
    darkeststar6373 Posts: 5 Member
    Having health problems is hard - u can do it. I have to modify my program to accomidate my issues (all joints and getting over skin cancer)
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    I'm 48 and need to lose about 25 lbs to start out. I keep starting and stopping. I am determined to stick to it this time. Feel free to add me as a friend if you need more!
  • 1LonelyRose
    1LonelyRose Posts: 48 Member
    Hello I'm 40, and since January 2017 I managed to lose exactly 40lbs through cardio and strength training Monday through Friday and keeping my caloric intake under 1600 most days. It's an uphill battle and I have about 60lbs to go. Trust me I feel your pain.
  • fspicer251
    fspicer251 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi everyone! I've been on my weight loss journey since a Feb 2016. I lost around 50lbs in a year. I have another 100 to loose. Not as much as I wanted but I'm still plugging along. I go down a bit then bounce up a tad and back down etc... I'm hear to help inspire everyone along with using that to keep me motivated. If you are looking to join a group check mine out. It's new. It's called Plus Size Individuals. community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/120571-plus-size-individuals
  • Out_of_Bubblegum
    Out_of_Bubblegum Posts: 2,220 Member
    45 here, and a couple of months into round 3 here in MFP - 14 lb down, and still have about another 30 lb for ideal weight... Always welcome new friends who are in it to win it.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    in my 40s,,, but no time for fat. kick butt time!
  • wdedoelder
    wdedoelder Posts: 59 Member
    I am 43 and trying to lose the fat….
  • Cathietc
    Cathietc Posts: 66 Member
    Hi all,
    I'm 47 (almost 48) and determined this time around. I've "restarted" 75 days ago and have 44 pounds off with another 80+ to go
    Looking for all the help and motivation I can get. Also looking for new friends so please feel free to add me.
  • Kimmber45
    Kimmber45 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi All! I'm "almost"46 lol. I'm 1 week into mfp but started my journey last July. I weighed in at 317.8 and am now 271.6. I had a few minor set backs with serious health issues, but I'm hoping they're behind me. Been going strong since the first week of March and feel better than I have in a long time. Here to give and get motivation and support!
  • 2Girls1Boy3Cats
    2Girls1Boy3Cats Posts: 2 Member
    Hi... yes I'd also like to shed some lbs and gain some strength before I get smacked by 50. I've got a 3 year old so I need to keep my health good so I can be around for him for a long time! I'm not trying to get back to my 25yo weight but if I can lose about 30 lbs I'd be very happy. Between metabolism changes, sedentary hobbies, loads of time in the car shuffling kids around, and a kiddo with endurance issues (makes it hard to walk around) I find myself weaker/bigger than I expected I'd be. I'm at 1200 cal a day and going to the gym at 5 am 2-4 times a week (when no ones sick or I'm not injured). I hope too run a half marathon in 2018...