Anyone else dress completely different when overweight vs not overweight?

Options

Replies

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    The only difference is I wear shorts when I have less cellulite showing but on a day to day I still dress the same. I wear a lot of leggings or yoga pants with tshirts and flip flops
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I don't feel ugly in sleeveless tops anymore, and I have collar bones. I think I dress nicer than I did, because nicer clothes are available when you can buy off the rack standard sizes, not plus size where everything looks like a wheat bag (some with flowers).
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    It's easier to find cute clothes when you're smaller, and shopping for them is a lot more fun. My general style is the same either way - but I found it difficult to find nice clothes that fit properly when I was heavier.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I haven't been not overweight at all for 15 years or so. I dress more for comfort now. I wore less elastic waist shorts, pants and skirts then. Tops were pretty similar but I grew to love sweaters and layers more as I got older. I wear more color than I used to. I wear more comfortable shoes now.
    When I lost 20-25 lbs more recently I did not change the type of clothes I wore- just got smaller sizes.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Nope ive worn dresses only for years, only things that have changed in the last few years are the size and now t have to wear dresses with boob access for breastfeeding

Trying to find 1950's style dresses i can get a boob out of has been a challenge lol
  • ferd_ttp5
    ferd_ttp5 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I feel more comfortable about baggy clothes it gives me more space to wiggle, I'm a Medium Size Asian Male and when I'm buying cusual shirts I go for large for reasons.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Ima go with yes, I used to wear this type of stuff overly tight shirts (i thought i had a thin waist lol) and yoga pants. A sweater if i went out i could never figure out why my boobs seemed so inapropriate ( i was dellusional to my bad fashion lol)
    l0k14kf3g0m8.jpg
    Now i rock alot of dresses and leggings/ crop tops and actually use alot of dresses with leggings for tops :p Never wore anything different before. Shopping is fun now im happy my fashion changed
    w3pg49c1w7xl.jpg
    y3vja4ybnjjb.png
    ge67m3dprfix.png

Side note, I also like heels now. I used to feel so stupid in them and think they were gonna break. Happy side effect, Their now comfy on me XD

You have a gorgeous hourshape figure!

I'm similar and it's easier for uor bodyshape to dress.
    I basically wear the same clothes as before but smaller size. I'm Italian sizes 38-40 now but was 44-46 (in my profile picture I'm wearing 44 Medium). In US clothes I was about size 6, and now I'm not sure, haven't bought anything American lately.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any change. I'm a "comfort first" kind of gal. My closet has always been (and probably will always be) stuffed with all kinds of jeans, tshirts, hoodies and sweatpants. I also suspect my mom will always be rolling her eyes every time I whine about not having any decent shoes then end up with yet another pair of sports shoes.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    YaGigi wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    Ima go with yes, I used to wear this type of stuff overly tight shirts (i thought i had a thin waist lol) and yoga pants. A sweater if i went out i could never figure out why my boobs seemed so inapropriate ( i was dellusional to my bad fashion lol)
    l0k14kf3g0m8.jpg
    Now i rock alot of dresses and leggings/ crop tops and actually use alot of dresses with leggings for tops :p Never wore anything different before. Shopping is fun now im happy my fashion changed
    w3pg49c1w7xl.jpg
    y3vja4ybnjjb.png
    ge67m3dprfix.png

Side note, I also like heels now. I used to feel so stupid in them and think they were gonna break. Happy side effect, Their now comfy on me XD

You have a gorgeous hourshape figure!

I'm similar and it's easier for uor bodyshape to dress.
    I basically wear the same clothes as before but smaller size. I'm Italian sizes 38-40 now but was 44-46 (in my profile picture I'm wearing 44 Medium). In US clothes I was about size 6, and now I'm not sure, haven't bought anything American lately.

Thankyou :3 but i find the shape makes it harder to dress by far lol

• Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    When I'm over weight l don't think I'm worthy to wear clothes from shops l really want to buy from, more expensive quality clothing. So l buy cheap clothes and the fashion is not really me but l make do. I'm nearly at goal weight and I'm really excited about buying clothes l really like. I'm not talking designer clothes but l want to shop at my favourite shops again.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Not really? Jeans, trousers, T-shirts, blouses, and the occasional dress or skirt. I still prefer clothing that is soft and loose to clothing that is fitted. It's like snuggling up in a blankie ^.^ Also I like not having to worry about how I move.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I really don't dress all that differently. But it feels so nice to be a smaller size!
  • goldenday
    goldenday Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest all I mainly ever wore was baggy T-shirts and jogging pants. As I started losing the amount of confidence I gained was incredible- In came the tights, the miniskirts and dresses. I think i just wanted to show off my body instead of just trying to hide it.
  • Don_WM_
    Don_WM_ Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    For the most part, yes! Out of the baggy fat hiding stuff, into the old buried in the closet smaller clothes that aren't made to hide bulges. It's inspiring. :smiley:
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My sense of style is the same. Dresses, heels, curled hair, make up. I don't lose weight because I feel like crap or hate myself at that weight, I do it because I want to be healthy. That's the difference.
  • aemsley05
    aemsley05 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    When I was overweight I tried to hide it with what I wore - not with baggy sweaters and hoodies, but by wearing belts at the waist (to pretend I had one!), wearing skirts (to pretend the skirt naturally flared out like that, rather than my huge thighs!) and avoiding jeans or anything that buttoned at my stomach (and caused yet another bump sticking out there).

Now I feel comfortable wearing baggy clothes because I don't feel a desperate need to prove that underneath my clothes I don't look like that. I'm not so self-conscious so can just dress to please myself. I wear a lot of the same clothes and style (but look better doing it!) plus even bought some skinny jeans recently.