How many people log every fruit and vegetable they eat?

Options

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Why would you not log something that has 100 calories?
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I log fruits and vegetables. Why not?
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I log everything, and use a food scale. I lost 70 pounds and into a few years of maintaining. All attributed to accuracy and accountability. Science shows us a large number if not most of us will regain, I keep this in the back of my mind.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    When I'm losing weight I'm logging everything
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables. If I didn't log them I'd be going over ,y calories every day.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    Yes because it's just as easy to weigh all the parts of my meal as to only weigh some of them. That said, when we make salad for the family, I just call my share 1 cup (or 2 cups) of lettuce and half the dressing used. I don't worry about being over or under by 1/2 cup of lettuce!

But fruit I definitely log. As others have noted, a banana can easily be 100 calories.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    How many people log every fruit and vegetable they eat?

Absolutely do! Right down to the 2 radishes I have with my cottage cheese. :)
  • nefeli89
    nefeli89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't log the fruit calories. I have seen progress and some weight loss without logging any kind of fruit!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    It takes a couple of seconds, so not sure why it would cause stress or take time, if you're not logging them your data isn't accurate. If further down the line you find you're not losing at the rate you expect how could you truly know the cause if you're not logging everything?
  • Jadedinosaur
    Jadedinosaur Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It doesn't stress me out to log them (or anything else actually) or take long at all (not longer than anything else, probably a few minutes over the day), and it gives me a better picture of all that I'm eating. I quite like seeing things which are nutrient rich on my log.
  • Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I log everything except water and herbs.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Unless I forget something, then it's a one-off, so I move along...As veggies take up more than half my daily diet, I'd be a fool not to log them.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I log em'. But..........when it's something low cal, like lettuce, I eyeball. I've been doing this for 4 years, so I allow a little leeway on some low cal items that I have weighed often. The rest, I weigh religiously.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    If I eat it I log it!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Yes, I log fruit and veg. I probably log them more loosly, as in I don't weigh them. I estimate for large, medium or small. But some fruit like papaya, persimmons, grapes, bananas can reeally add quite a lot of calories, so those kind of fruits will make me more watchful to get a bit more accurate.

Fruit and veg play a part in all meals of the day that I eat and then a piece of fruit between meals if I get hungry.

I usually prelog the day's food and if at dinner, say I end up eating a half a cucumber instead of a quarter or a third, I won't usually go back and change it. If that were a half cup instead of a quarter cup of corn or green peas, I'd for sure relog the peas/corn though.

Like other people mentioned Thwt for them the macro content is something they want to know. I am also logging to see how those features of eating, such as sugars, carbs, protien, fats are up to the levels I believe to be healthy.

If you feel comfortable not logging fruit and veg perhaps you could just estimate that you eat 200 or 400 calories a day of fruit and veg for instance and add that as 'Quick Add' calories at the end of the day? See how that goes and if you are seeing the results you want to see in your weight plans, then great good, if not, then you could switch to logging the veg and fruit individually.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I weigh and log pretty much everything, to the tenth of a gram. Necessary? Hardly. Useful? Maybe.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I don't see it as time consuming/stressful. It's just part of my daily routine. I vigilantly log everything I eat.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I log it all! For me, it's very easy to eat 3 tangerines and a punnet full of grapes without thinking about it. So I log.

Keeps me accountable :)