Any younger people?

Options
Have been looking for a good group or forum with a younger base. I'm 19 and have struggled to find anything aimed towards people around my age, yet have found at least 20 groups and forums directed towards mothers and 40/50+ year olds.

My story is I have recently started training properly and eating right. Before, I only trained once or twice a week when playing football. Now I am in the gym a minimum of 4 times a week and on a diet of around 1,700 kcals and 170g protein a day.

Anyone who'd like to add me or start a group could post here!

Replies

• DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm not adding you but you can talk to me on here or through PM and welcome to the forums. Just to let you know, if you're not an athlete anymore, you don't need that much protein. Also what our your goals? Are you trying to gain muscle? lose weight? If you're trying to lose weight, protein can actually help you but other than that, it's overrated. You need 0.8 grams of protein per bodyweight which for me would be 72-73 grams. Also what program are you on?
  • conorhtafc
    conorhtafc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome and reply! I have been told numerous times that the protein isn't nessacery. Although, all I have seen is positive results when compared to when I was eating 100 grams of protein a day. My goals are to lose weight and tone up.

I am in a personal training programme and the diet is that suggested by a well-respected and proven trainer. He has me doing free weights and machines, 4 days a week. Also, I am still an athlete as I am playing football on top of this.
  • amberrt18
    amberrt18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 18! I sent you a request
  • katcheaney
    katcheaney Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just joined and thank god I'm not the only young person