FAT BURNERS

Options
Hi, anyone have any idea where I can get some good fat burners?

Replies

• JasminPetals
    JasminPetals Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I mostly agree with the guys above, I've tried fat burners and they really make no difference in terms of progress.
    I've found that fat burners are essentially just happy pills. All they do is give you a tiny boost of energy, which can help you lose some extra fat, but so can a cup of coffee or tea or preworkout supp in that sense.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Even the 'not as easy to buy' fat burners are really just a shot in the arm of energy. Might as well drink black coffee. It's cheaper, and legal.

To my knowledge there is no supplement in existence proven to ACTUALLY quell hunger. If there was, everyone would already be using it.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    The only thing they lighten is your wallet!

Instead, invest in a good digital kitchen scale, calculate your TDEE, subtract 250-500 calories from it, and eat that much. Log every bite that goes into your mouth. And you'll magically see weight loss! :D
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Hi, anyone have any idea where I can get some good fat burners?

You already have the best one of all...your body. Just feed it right and monderated, and exercise for health.
  • CiaIgle
    CiaIgle Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The best fat burner is the rest, while we sleep is when the magic happens.

There is only one condition: before going to bed, the calories in should be less than the calories out.
  • MummyBakerCupcakeMaker
    MummyBakerCupcakeMaker Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I went on some less than legit ones late last year and lost quite a bit as they completely suppressed my appetite. Since then I've put on about a stone due to a tough time following a breakup so wanted something to use in the very short term to reduce my appetite. I used them all so was looking for something similar.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I went on some less than legit ones late last year and lost quite a bit as they completely suppressed my appetite. Since then I've put on about a stone due to a tough time following a breakup so wanted something to use in the very short term to reduce my appetite. I used them all so was looking for something similar.

The best way to get your appetite under control is to practice eating properly. Like any exercise you haven't done in a while, it'll hurt when you first start, but keep at it and you'll pull through.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    A few sets of fork put downs and table push backs.

A caloric deficit is free.

• YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    The gym. I recommend the treadmill but a lot of people like stationary bikes.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options

FYI there's a difference between "fat burners" and "appetite suppressants".

Many things can suppress appetite. The drug ones are not sustainable, so what's the point? You'll just return to your normal eating habits as soon as you decide to stop taking them - as you have experienced yourself. What makes this time different? There will always be difficult times in our lives where we will be tempted to overeat - learning to cope with those things healthily is part of the process.

Might as well get on the right track to start with - to build sustainable eating habits that will support you for the rest of your life. That's why a lot of people hear advocate simply counting calories. It's not a huge commitment and you still get to enjoy all your favourite food - just in smaller portions.

Juice fasts, detoxes, fat burners, appetite suppressants, laxatives, extreme low-cal and fad diets all have one thing in common - they are NOT sustainable and you will regain the weight as soon as you stop doing them.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    s58buj2ulfnt.jpg

These work for me.

Those are sugar burners for me!