BiPolar & Weight Gain

Options
I have been eating so much junk food lately & practically living on my couch the last few weeks. I suffer with bipolar disorder and have been in an all time low lately. I went a year with no therapy, meds or anything. I am at my largest ever even surpassing my pregnancy weights. I start a new med tonight and today I have been working hard to pay attention to what I eat. I have been focusing on water intake for the last week too. I really hope to get enough energy to start working out soon but my motivation is not there at all. It hurts to get up let alone walk. I guess I just wanted to share with you all in case anyone else is going through something similar, you are not alone!

Replies

• Dar_Line86
    Dar_Line86 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I hope you get to feeling better and get your motivation back. someone who is very near and dear to me suffers from bipolar disorder. the lows can be really tough and getting on new meds is always an interesting adventure. keep your head up, good says are coming!
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    You don't even need to walk. Just eat less. You can replace a lot of the food you're eating with low cal things like celery to help with the chewing/eating/comfort pangs. Then as you lose weight you will feel a little bit lighter and find more energy for walking :)