200 calorie recipe

Options
charliehomar7852
charliehomar7852 Posts: 1 Member
Anyone know a low calorie yet filling recipe?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I don't know what is filling for you - protein, fiber and/or fat......

200 is not much to work with - could you go for a walk and earn a few exercise calories?

http://www.skinnytaste.com/chicken-enchiladas/

http://skinnyms.com/20-skinny-recipes-200-calories/
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,989 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of 200 calorie snacks. Try to get protein, fat, carbs and fiber in each snack, it helps with satiety.
  • jaywar2011
    jaywar2011 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Protein shake
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    A 2 egg omelette with mushrooms and spinach?
    2 fried eggs and a tomato salad?
    A grilled cheese sandwich?

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Spray a baking dish with cooking spray, add 1 lb of cod loins, a can of Italian diced tomatoes and a few cloves of garlic. Cover and bake until fish is cooked through. Saute yellow squash and fresh spinach in a bit of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and whatever other herbs float your boat. Serve fish on top of veggies. Makes 4 servings around 200 calories each depending on how much veggies and oil you use. You can also add a can of white beans for a few more calories, but added fiber and protein.
  • lporter229
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing about the grilled cheese. That would be one sad grilled cheese in my world.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken breast over a bed of romaine, lightly drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette that is 2/3 vinegar, 1/3 oil (plus dijon to emulsify). Sprinkle chopped herbs and crack some fresh black pepper over the whole thing, maybe add in some other veg, and voila.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    lporter229 wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing about the grilled cheese. That would be one sad grilled cheese in my world.

Take a slice of bread and cut in half.
    Place square of Kraft No fat cheese on each half.
    Grill.
    Top with tablespoon of ketchup.
    Fold, cut, eat.
    Think outside the box sometimes :)

That is just half a sammich, not a real sammich, and thus a very, very sad grilled cheese, indeed.
  • Stacikrokos
    Stacikrokos Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Give this a shot. Its about 290 cals.
    1/4 cup of yellow corn meal mix with 1 1/4 cups of water. Microwave for 5-7 mins. I do 2 mins then stir, then 3 mins until i get my desired texture. Once done add in 1/4 cup of part skim ricotta cheese. Spice it up. I use garlic salt and hot sauce. Add in some sautéed onions and 3 oz of chicken. I got this from the fitgirls cook book. Its very filling for me. Quick and easy.
  • drawaimfire
    drawaimfire Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Grill.
    Fold, cut, eat.

Sounds delicious to me! Bread, cheese and ketchup, nom nom nom. To be fair though, never met a version of that combo that I didn't love <3

#feedme
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    aggelikik wrote: »

My bread is, supposedly, 70 cals per slice. No chance in hell I'm only putting 60 cals worth of cheese and butter on my grilled cheese lol

I agree on the tuna from a few posts up, though. Although again, the can that I buy has 120 cals in it. Sometimes for lunch I take a can and mix some light mayo in and eat it on top of some crackers. But I did used to just add a can or half a can to a big bowl of lettuce, tomatoes, etc. and a bit of vinaigrette, and that kept it quite low.
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    aggelikik wrote: »

My bread is, supposedly, 70 cals per slice. No chance in hell I'm only putting 60 cals worth of cheese and butter on my grilled cheese lol

I agree on the tuna from a few posts up, though. Although again, the can that I buy has 120 cals in it. Sometimes for lunch I take a can and mix some light mayo in and eat it on top of some crackers. But I did used to just add a can or half a can to a big bowl of lettuce, tomatoes, etc. and a bit of vinaigrette, and that kept it quite low.

2 slices of bread are 120- 130 calories total (by weight, at least the bread I usually buy). About 30 grams of cheese (at least the ones I like) are about 70 cals. I personally do not add anything else in a grilled cheese sandwich, never did, regardless of trying to control calories or not.
  • kizanne1
    kizanne1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I find a souped up egg drop to be satisfying when I'm running low on calories.
    I use fat free chicken boullion and I add egg white and veggies. How many egg whites depends on if
    I'm trying to get some protein and how hungry I am. The veggies depend on what I'm in the mood for.
    If it was going to be most of dinner. 2 cups broth, 6 egg whites, onion, garlic, mushroom, spinach and you'd still have room for something else like adding a few ounces of chicken breast or a piece of toast or a protein shake or a few noodles if you like pasta.
  • lporter229
    Options

Grill.
    Fold, cut, eat.

I stand by my statement ;)
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Bag of lettuce, can of tuna, hot sauce. AKA as my cutting lunch.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I would have a huge cucumber and this soup (160 calories/can):
    https://www.campbells.com/campbell-soup/homestyle/light-italian-style-wedding-soup/

Or I would say F it and plan better tomorrow.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,005 Member
    Options
    I've made oven cooked veggies - mushrooms, leeks, capsicum, zucchini. With herbs and tiny bit of cooking spray. Is only about 50 calories per 100 g.
    400g would be a decent size serve.

Or 325 g veggies and a boiled egg - that would be about 200 calories total.
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'll have 2 veggie hot dogs (50 cal each) with 2 slices of Alvarado sprouted flax seed bread (50 cal each) for a quick 200 calorie dinner!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,984 Member
    Options
    I just had an under-200 calorie snack: a 5.3 oz cup of plain skyr (icelandic yogurt), with 19 g of Protein Plus peanut flour (partially defatted peanut flour with no added sugar) and 4 g of cocoa (unsweetened powder). 28 g of protein, 4 g of fiber, and (to me at least) delicious and filling. It was so thick that it took me a while to eat it. It just might replace my old favorite of yogurt mixed with Vermont cheddar cheese powder.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Soup, overnight Oats/Yogurt; veggies & fish.